Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the thirteenth

ten of swords, tarot hanson roberts
Hanson Roberts Tarot
After reading this blogpost from Siddaleah I wondered: Is it wise to draw a card from your tarot deck on Friday the thirteenth.  
Just like Siddaleah I use tarot mostly for self-development and not for fortunetelling. My idea is that fortunetelling can create fear and anxiety. For me reading tarot is a balance between using book knowledge and your own intuition. It’s my opinion that intuition and fear don’t go hand in hand.
Then why do I feel hesitated to draw a card on Friday the thirteenth; metaphorically speaking.  Sometimes there are situations so pressing, so important, that I hesitate to draw the cards for advice. I think afraid that those dreadful cards that everybody knows will come up. Mostly I do a spread afterwards, for insight in how I have handled things.
I wonder what you think about this; do you believe in Friday 13th ?

8 comments:

  1. Friday the 13th has never bothered me, and I've never had anything particularly bad happen on a Friday the 13th. I think I remember saying something about, "scary Friday the 13th," to my mom when I was little and she reminded me that her birthday was on a 13th, and that her birthday had occurred on many a Friday the 13th, so my child's brain decided then and there that there couldn't possibly be anything bad about a birthday, even if it was on Friday the 13th, so that debunked the superstition completely for me. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my youngest daughter friday the 13th never meant anything. But yesterday in the mall, she broke a mirror that she had just bought there.:)(sevens years of bad luck....????????)

      Delete
  2. Friday the 13th is just another day to me; it has no significance to me. In fact, my wedding anniversary and my husband's birthday both fall on a 13th of the month, and those were both very auspicious days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not scary for me either. My youngest brother's birthday is on the 13th!

      Delete
  3. Ha, Friday the 13th always got my rebel going. I used to be delighted if I could find a ladder to walk under on a Friday 13th :D My multi-cultural background has also influenced this - in Spain it's Tuesday the 13th. And then there's the fact that 13 became a bad number by association with witches, and seeing as I'm a witch, that makes it a sacred day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun question! I don't THINK I believe in it, though I admit sometimes I get superstitious. I think the key to life is that whatever holds meaning for you is meaningful...so that's why I watch out for whatever holds meaning, and try to make sure it is worth having meaning! Hehee.

    There are also some 13 birthdays in my family. My daughter and one of my sisters, and probably others. :D

    XOXO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete