Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Spending time with mum

This weekend have visited my mum. It is a two hour trip, so I don't see her as often as I would like. I like being with her, She tells a lot of stories from our past. Most of them I already know. But now and again I hear something that is new to me. It is like finding a little treasure. She is a very detailed storyteller and so her tales become vivid and expressive. All I have to do is sit with her, drinking coffee and listen…
My mum has  had this beautiful little statue on her mantelpiece for years. It is a statue of a father and a mother and their child. You could also see it as Joseph and Mary and Jesus, or as the Divine in its Father and Mother form, where I could be their nurtured protected child. It has multiple meanings for  me and  I've always loved it. I think that was noticed by my mum, because this weekend she gave it to me and now it has a place in my windowsill.
It was in many ways a wonderful weekend 

family, father mother and child
Father, Mother and Child

6 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! I love that.

    I also love my mom's mother figures and goddess figures. They speak of both family and also a kind of holy female power...earthy but strong.

    Sending you goodness,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM for your kind words. This little statue brings a lot of loving energy in my house

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful gift! And how nice for you to have your mum tell you stories. I can imagine the two of you having such a nice time over coffee. My mom lives just a half mile down the road, so I'm able to stop by for coffee often, which makes it easy to take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to live nearby my parents, but due to my husbands work we had to move to an other province. I still miss it to walk over for a cup of coffee. You are so blessed to nearby your mom

      Delete
  3. How wonderful to have some special time with your mum, and what a lovely gift, too! My mum is at least in the same city, though she travels so much sometimes it doesn't seem that way. Still, I love when we get time to talk, she's a fascinating person :) It's a blessing to have an interesting and loving mother in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I admit I take it sometimes for granted. So it's good to acknowledge our loving relationship.

      Delete