Friday, October 4, 2013

Clear away the cobwebs

October 4:  Today is World Animal Day. St Francis talked to the birds and tamed a wolf. Wolfs can also exist within ourselves. Which wolf in me should I show compassion for?
Page of Swords Rider Waite
Universal Waite Tarot
Isn't that a coincidence. Yesterday’s card had a wolf as guide in it; today the wolf is a part of me that can be a hindrance or a challenge. (Isn't that also some kind of guidance in disguise?)
This day’s card is the lovely enthusiastic Page of Swords from The Rider Waite tarot. I love the way his hair dances in the wind and how he swings his sword above his head. Clouds are passing by. He wants to catch them all. This youngster is my wolf of today. The part of me that wants to engage in every new idea or challenge. Among others I'm writing every day now with a Autumn prompt. This is a real challenge for me because everyday I have to write and think in English again. But some day’s I want to write about something entirely else: The flowers I've got from my daughters, the new moon that's due etc. I feel I’m stuck in the cobwebs of my mind.
So today I clear them away and set my mind free.

4 comments:

  1. There was a post going around the internet that said:
    "If ever you want to know what a creative person's mind feels like, imagine a browser with 2,857 tabs open All. The. Time." I'm not sure I'm all that creative, but that is what my mind feels like some times, lol! This was a great post for me to read this morning - thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My daughter has to be so creative right now
      It really hits the nail the head. Sometimes when I have so many tabs open my laptop crashes (oops) :D

      Delete
    2. I have tabs open, but usually several of them are the same website because I forget I opened it and open it again. Senility eh.

      Delete
    3. Perhaps some cobwebs in the attic :D

      Delete