Sunday, October 6, 2013

Steady as she goes

Rowan BerriesOctober 6: When the Rowan berries go red, summer has come to an end. These berries are said to have protective properties. Put some in a vase in your home and ask yourself: What needs protection in my life?
 Unfortunately I was not in the opportunity to pick some Rowan berries, but I have this picture on my desktop right now. It’s all about the intent!


Six of Swords Legacy of the Divine tarot
Legacy of the Divine tarot
My card for this beautiful Sunday in October is the Six of Swords from the Legacy of the Divine tarot. I prefer this Six of Swords above the Rider Waite version. In this card the woman is standing tall and looking ahead, her heart filled with anticipation. All around her are swords: rising up out of the deep waters and dangling over her head. She seems unafraid of what is lying ahead. In full trust of her  ferry man who is proficient in navigating their boat. I know that I am both the woman and the ferry man.  I see the dark area they’re in as my own inner being. I am searching, for a place with no dangerous swords to be cautious for. I need  a place to rest now. But although I am perceived as being in control an independent, I think I need to give my animus, my male side more freedom to take over and be determent and in charge so that I can rest for a while and give my always busy head some peace of mind. So today will not be about feeling guilty that I couldn't visit my husband but…. about reading, blogging, drinking coffee and enjoying the sunshine. 

6 comments:

  1. I wonder how often most women take a deep breath, relax and sigh with pleasure? If our bodies are not in motion, generally our minds are! A nice post for me to mull over today - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like we're almost posting simultaneously :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besides the fact that my my husband monitor monitor is broken it was indeed a good day Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, Ellen. I hope you did protect yourself by allowing your mind to still, and your self to enjoy life :)
    Today, what I notice about this beautiful card is all the tones of blue. To move through difficult waters, sometimes what we most need is to communicate. I need to protect the flow of communication in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really important. When life gets difficult we tend to pull back within ourselves, shut the doors, while it is so importation to talk about what's bothering us. Just to share is often enough. :)

      Delete