Friday, January 17, 2014

Two of Pentacles: a constant balancing act

Druidcraft Tarot
The Two of Pentacles from the Druidcraft Tarot is one of my favorite cards from this deck. I love the elegance and gracefulness of the woman while she’s trying to keep her pentacles in the air. In the background a storm is raging and ships are in trouble. The woman seems unaffected by this storm. Perhaps it is because she standing behind the rock or she is safe from this storm as long as she is holding her pentacles in the air; almost like an enchantment.
Perhaps balancing out our priorities, dividing our attention between loved ones and managing our finances and material needs, like food and clothing and decks, does seem like magic. Aren't we all the enchantresses (or  wizards ) of our own households? I am proud to say I manage mine rather well. Not perfect of course, but well enough. And it feels very satisfying we can make ends meet each month and still have room for some shopping together: Yesterday I went to town with M and today with S (dividing attention J). Al together, it is a positive card for me and it encourages me to be extra alert on my “pentacles” I even started with an online cashbook. We'll see if it's useful or not.

5 comments:

  1. There's something just amazing about the colours in that card: the pink of love/self-love, and the purple of wisdom and spiritual seeking combining in her dress. Although pentacles are so often about the material, there is also the spiritual side in the everyday. Seeing the love in your family, and how you balance it out between your daughters is a perfect example, as is taking care of yourself and your family so you don't struggle, and can have some joy, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is lovely said about these colors. The last couple of days I am wearing a large rose quartz donut on a cord to remind me of taking care of myself too. :)

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear it. It's a reminder we often seem to need :)

      Delete
  2. This deck makes me want to have large prints of its cards hanging in my house. And the Empress makes me think of Kerry! :) The woman in this particular card seems so calm and cool, but what I most notice about her is that she focuses her attention on one pentacle at a time. That's what can throw me off balance is running around trying to do several things at once instead of taking care of one task at a time.
    Ellen, if you read Kerry's comment box where I wrote about online resources and have any suggestions, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems jugglers do focus on on point to keep all the balls in the air. That is why I like todo lists so I can check the boxes when I am done with a task. I amvery familiar with running around like a headless chicken :D

      Delete