Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A three card spread about communication skills

For today I've drawn three cards. First I'll read the center card and then the two adjacent cards which are explaining or modifying the center card.
The center card is the Three of Pentacles and usually I read this as my creativity card but today the three debating persons are standing out more to me. Two people are standing on the side and sharing their knowledge and ideas with the craftsman. I have the feeling they want to defend their point of view without acknowledging the practical skills of the artist
Universal Waite Tarot
In Holland we have a saying which, when translated, literally says: "The best helmsmen stand on shore" and it is the equivalent of "Bachelors' wives and maidens' children are well taught." Only the Dutch saying  is probable slightly more applicable to this card.
I read the Three of Pentacles today as the Springtime gardening discussions between M. and me. M. is doing the hard work  and I have an advantage in experience. She wants to be responsible for the whole garden but I want to have some say in it too. And to be honest we don’t always agree about everything.
I see both the sword cards as  the two extremes in how we might convey our opinions. The Eight of Swords is about a  having a victim attitude, being a pushover and taking no responsibility  for what is happening and the Knight of Swords is quite the opposite: everything has to go his way or he can be become very annoyed at the least. The eight of swords attitude mostly happens when one of us doesn’t get her way (childish, I know J).
As always it is usually for the best if we to try to search for the middle way. In that way we can both have our say and learn from each other’s point a view.
It was very funny to be able to discover our gardening issues in my daily draw

6 comments:

  1. It took me a minute to catch on to the phrases, but I so agree with them. People who have the least experience with something can often have the strongest opinions! I can just hear the two folks in the Three of Pents trying to convince the craftsman to do something that will look good but won't be structurally sound. It's had to communicate with these kind of people. Good luck with the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Today it is cloudy but is doesn't rain until tomorrow so it will be a great day to fertilize the ground. That is one thing we both agree about how it should be done :D

      Delete
  2. Hehe, this is great! I wish you two happy gardening, and happy spring! And also some common ground! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. things are going more smoothly now and we are on the same page
      (mmm... common ground is more fitting here :D)

      Delete
  3. Love your thoughts on these three cards. Happy Gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cher. I hope we can finish fertilizing and after that rearrange some plants :)

      Delete