Thursday, March 6, 2014

Nine of air – Please be quiet!

My daily draw is the Nine of Air from the Angel Tarot. Instead of an anxious woman in her bed with nine swords hanging above her head, we see a clearing in the forest were eight unicorns are sleeping while one isn't able to do so. I wonder what thoughts could trouble a Unicorn?
I am glad I've chosen this deck because  its nine of air is less scary and hopeless then the R.W based decks’ nine of sword cards. This card is very timely for me for lately I worry a lot more than usual. Whenever I´m doing nothing and try to relax, the voices are starting to mumble and if I cannot shut them up they get louder and louder. Sometimes reading a book  isn't even possible. I would be so grateful for some peace of mind and to be able to finish a book. Blogging is working quite nice just as watching a movie. But I don’t want to spend my entire day behind a screen. I know the best remedy is to stay busy, but sometimes I wish it stopped so I could sit in my garden close my eyes and enjoy the warmth of the sun. How can I ever learn to listen to my inner (intuitive) voice when the screamers don’t shut up!
“Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere” Erma Bombeck

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like the insomnia fairy had made my pillow her bed. My magnifying mind will think up stuff to gnaw on all night, making sleep impossible. I try to remember to ask myself, "Is this REALLY true?" Usually it is only a projection or expectation of the future instead of reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. `Magnifying mind` I like that expression. I know most of my worrying has nothing to do with the reality and I have to stifle it over and over again. Perhaps I have to start writing my morning pages again so I won´t be tempted to keep repeating myself
      Ps A problem shared is a problem halved :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time with worries :-(. I hope that things calm within you so you can enjoy your book and the sunlight in peace! So I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia that is so sweet of you :D

      Delete