Friday, March 7, 2014

Seven of cups - Where do we go from here?

Druidcraft Tarot
My card from today is the seven of cups from The Druidcraft Tarot.. We see an man daydreaming, reflecting and possible not knowing what to do with himself. He is sheltered by the surrounding rocks. It is a calm secluded and safe place to ponder about the question: What’s next?What do I want? In the pool we see six cups immersed in the water and next to the man there is a beautiful cup but he doesn't know it is standing there or he doesn't care or appreciate the golden filled cup. To me this man seems be withdrawn, confused and unsure what to do. He has closed his eyes and doesn't see the any of the cups. Perhaps he is overwhelmed, paralyzed  by all these choices and is taking a time out. Until he is able to make a decision, this is a  good place to rest and make up his mind before he can go on the spiritual quest of the eight of wands Because he has to be sure which cups to leave behind and which to pursue.   
The problem, simply put, is that we cannot choose everything simultaneously. So we live in danger of becoming paralyzed by indecision, terrified that every choice might be the wrong choice.” 
― Elizabeth Gilbert,

8 comments:

  1. Nice reflection! I don't often use my DruidCraft deck, but seeing this reminds me of how much I love the images. I think this is one of my favorite depictions of the 7 of Cups. It really drives home the energy that the card carries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't live without my Druidcraft!!:)
      I guess the body-language of this man is speaking loud and clear

      Delete
  2. That quote from Gilbert sure sums up this card well. I think having too many choices is almost as bad as having none!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays we are confronted with too many choices. They should make life more worthwhile but they only make it more complicated

      Delete
  3. Ah, those everyday choices you mentioned for my "embrace" card a few days ago. I'm still paying close attention to that card and trying to make more of those choices. Nice card to reinforce this for me today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest assured, you not the only one who needs this encouragement. :)

      Delete
  4. I don't often use my DruidCraft tarot (the cards are big for my hands) but this makes me think I might drag it out again and get reaquainted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cut the white borders off because the backs were peeling. Now they're more easy to handle. and like them better this way. So perhaps a good idea for a rainy day? :)
      This deck is so worth it to be read

      Delete