Monday, March 3, 2014

The Queen of Pentacles - Don’t forget to listen to your body

Restored Order Tarot
Today I wanted to ask a question while pulling my daily tarot card. I wanted advice on how to proceed with listening to my inner voice. Of course I do have some ideas but I was curious what the cards could add to my thoughts about this subject.
I drew the Queen of Pentacles from the Restored Order Tarot. Now don’t get me wrong I love this queen but she wasn't at all what I had expected. After all the blue in my previous post this was a lot a green and yellow. (By the way I love this rendition of the Queen of Pentacles. It is so much more clear and peaceful than the R.W.version)
At second thought it isn't that strange at all I've got this card. This queen is all about the physical and material world. She encourages us to take care of our domestic life but also to nurture ourselves. To find pleasure in the sensual aspects of life. In food, perfume, creme and lotions, exercise, clean sheets, sunshine etc. Too often when we seek spiritual development we are inclined to forget to look after and cherish our body. Yet it is our body which can tell us perfectly how we feel and what we need if we are willing to listen; to be mindful : a stiff muscle, a smile, a sigh, a tingle etc. When you are extra perceptive to those tiny physical signs you can learn all lot about yourself. Today this card will encourage me to pamper myself and to embrace my sensuality.

5 comments:

  1. She reminds me that on some days it's best not to try to think my way into feeling better, but to do things that may help me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes being active silences the worrying. I've just returned from my bike ride. It was lovely. I was chanting during the entire time, just to shut up my monkey mind and to focus on the first blossoms, bulb flowers and the sunshine on my face and the wind through my hair.

      Delete
    2. Sounds lovely - wish I could have been riding with you!

      Delete
  2. My first thought when I saw this card was for you to spend some time with nature 'to proceed with listening to your inner voice.' Sounds like you did just that with your bike ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and it was so lovely. I did think of that too when I pulled the card but the other aspect stood out more at the time.:)

      Delete