Monday, March 31, 2014

The Second New Moon of March

Just as in January, March has two new moons.  As I've said then, this has no particularly significance for me. It is just the consequence of our Gregorian calendar (1582) This is a liturgical adaptation from the Julian Calendar(46 BC) which has divided our year in twelve months instead of following the lunations.
Anyway let’s not digress. For this new moon I have visualized my circle and meditated about the importance of sacred space. I haven't chanted because I've learned chanting works better for me when I am doing something active: riding my bike, cooking, cleaning etc. When I meditate, I like to focus on my breath. It is good to experience I feel the freedom to adapt my practice to my own needs.
For this new moon I've pulled two cards from my Osho Zen Tarot. They almost speak for themselves... 
Osho Zen Tarot
Release: Nine of Fire- Exhaustion
This man is trapped in his own machinery, thinking he is indispensable and unable to leave his enormous good for nothing contraption. He is captured by self-importance and a false sense of duty. There is no room to play or to  be spontaneous. He has to stay in control; on top of it. This card reminds me to be flexible with structure, rules and routines. They are here to be helpful, not to imprison me. This card is telling me to leave my “factory” and live every day as it was the first one. Don’t react (automatically) but response (mindfully)
Embrace: The Queen of Rainbows - Flowering
The Queen of Rainbows is like a fantastic plant fully in bloom. She is alive and full of possibilities. The sleeves of her garment contain an abundance of seeds. It doesn't matter if they will germinate, she is just spreading them everywhere out of love and celebration for life. "Flowers fall on her from above, and the waters of emotion swirl playfully beneath her".
This is card represents everything I could be if I can leave my contraption. How much wasted energy could be set free. I just have to spread love and joy around me and I will notice how these little seeds produce smiles and brighten up faces. And this in turn will make me happy.

6 comments:

  1. Every time I see you use the Osho Zen, I regret passing mine to a friend. :) I was drawn to the half white/half black hair of the queen; it reminds me of a yin/yang symbol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you could buy it one more time. M has bought a second hand recently
      Every new moon I love working with it. It has become rather special to me
      Thanks for designating me the hair of the queen :) (is that proper English??? )

      Delete
  2. "chanting works better for me when I am doing something active"
    I have a couple of matras for when I'm mowing the lawn. When I'm in good shape it takes a full five hours to do, this time of year it takes three days :) That is a lot of uplifting mantra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your lawn the size of a football field?:D
      Any way your muscles will be like porridge but you soul will be reaching Nirvana when you are finished :)

      Delete
  3. Funny how we can be blind to things, this is one of the first decks I ever got, but I never noticed the Queens bi-colour hair before! Wishing you well in spreading your seeds of joy - that part made me think of a recent post by Tierney Sadler on the effect of smiles in improving your life and that of those around you, even strangers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "we can be blind to things" that is one of the great things about blogging. To meet people who can point out to me those marvelous little details
      And yes smiling is a magical twitch of the mouth combined with a touch of love. :D

      Delete