Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Daily draw exercise with the Six of Cups

As I've stated earlier, when times are stressful, reading the tarot isn't always the smartest thing to do. At least in my case it isn’t. So for today’s daily draw I’ve come up with a little exercise on how to explore a tarot card without diving in to deep, Of course this can be altered and extended to anyone’s taste
My card for today is The Six of Cups from the Original Rider Waite Tarot:
Some keywords are:
Innocence, memories, trust, friendship
What is the gift ?
To experience my day with a childlike open heart
What is the challenge?
To be aware of too much dreaming about a past when everything “used to be so much better”
What  are you grateful for?
For a happy childhood
Journaling prompt
Write about a time when you still thought anything was possible. What did you want the most out of life.
( In short: I was saving pennies for my own real  horse and stable )
I remember a time when……
I could play for hours and would lose track of time until my mother called me inside for dinner
Affirmation
I am aware of the needs of my inner child and I will cherish her with love
Quote
If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.
Tom Stoppard
Naming the Goddess
She who stirs our happy memories so we can move forward with renewed strength and optimism
What stands out the most and why?
The feeling of safety of the little girl and the trust she has in her companion

10 comments:

  1. What an excellent exercise and way to get a lot of useful information! Even in a stressful situation, I could see how this could be more helpful than harmful. Hugs and courage to you my friend. You've got someone cheering you on over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sycamore that means a lot to me. This afternoon M and I went for her second ultrasound and a biopsy. Again the radiologist was optimistic. It probably is a cyst and the biopsy has to prove it is benign, which cysts mostly are. In one week we will know more :)

      Delete
    2. That is VERY good news. Keep thinking optimistically; as my grandmother used to say, "don't trouble Trouble until Trouble troubles you!" Hugs and "high fives" to you and M!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, we will keep our hopes up :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this!! Thanks so much for sharing. You and M are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monsoon. That is so kind of you. :)

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful exercise, Ellen. My thoughts and prayers are with you and M, also! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry that means a lot to me
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. I like how you did this. Love the questions presented. Prayers to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cher. With all these good wishes and prayers the outcome has to be good as well :)

      Delete