Friday, May 23, 2014

The Emperor - Keeping my wits

The Original Rider Waite Tarot, The Emperor
My tarot card for today is the Emperor from the Original Rider Waite Tarot.  After a long time of not pulling this card at all, this is the third time in a short period I am getting The Emperor. And I am not surprised at all. Yesterday the Queen of Swords came along to inspire me to make some firm decisions instead of stalling and procrastinating any longer.(More dental issues for M) And I did. But I guess it wasn't enough. There are still some appointments to schedule, more agreements to make and decisions to take and so forth. But by doing so we will be able to restore our inner calm again because we will know what and when is going to happen. And after it has been decided, we can let it rest until the day of her treatment is at hand.
I remember being apprehensive the first time I got this card at the end of April but now I can appreciate his need for structure, his overview in times of trouble  and his decisiveness in difficult matters.  Even looking at this card gives me a peaceful calm feeling. I suppose I have developed a sense of trust in my Inner Father figure, Male Divine or Animus
I am decisive and I keep my wits about me in a crisis.

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have made peace with your inner Emperor! Wishing you well in organising those appointments, and in letting go of the worry when you've done all you can.
    Hugs, Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe! I am sure it will help to get things organized :D

      Delete
  2. Sometimes when my emotions are dragging me around, I have to adopt a military mindset (how I view the Emperor, lol). I make a plan of action, prioritize, then start on number one. The Emperor can be a hard taskmaster, but he can get me to stop wringing my hands and start taking action. Hugs and love to you and M. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back from both of us!
      We have done a lot of the planning and checking of boxes from our todo list. As expected we have settled down and are looking forward to a rather relaxed weekend (fingers crossed)

      Delete
  3. That is great! I remember a while back when you expressed some dislike for this fellow, but now you seem to be warming up to him :-) It's a really nice, strong card to balance out the clarity and decisiveness of the Queen of Swords!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes somehow I seem to be more open to his energies. Perhaps being in need for structure etc does that to a person :D

      Delete