Sunday, September 7, 2014

Seven of Rods – respecting boundaries; no trespassing!

Today’s card is the Seven of Rods from the Anna K tarot. We see two men in this depiction  They are in conflict, fighting, attacking and defending. Usually I identify with the person defending the tower. I always have the feeling I have to defend my personal place and time in this household. A remnant of when my girls where younger and my husband was ill. But  today I am not so sure this is only about my boundaries. We are living with three adult women in one house and it’s still difficult for me to see my girls that way because I am also still there mother who worries a lot and is quite controlling in nature J

So maybe this is a sign for me to let go of the reins a bit more and trust them to make their own decisions and let them make their own faults. Of course when they ask for help or guidance I will always be there for them. Seeing us resembled in this card  the need for change is obvious. We all need our personal space. Since there is also a chance my  S.I.L. will come and live with us for a few months there will be definitely need for some checking and/or maintenance on our personal fences  and discussing  some ground rules about "fair fighting".

8 comments:

  1. It is tough to live in a house filled with grown-ups or older children. And I can relate to wanting to give advice and direction as a mother (even when I'm not asked for input). :) Ground rules and boundaries sound like a good idea for everyone living under the same roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought (long time ago) mothering stopped when the became adults
      Hopefully the "kids" think it is a good ides too :D!

      Delete
  2. Setting boundaries is such an important thing to do in life , I think, particularly if you're of a giving nature. Whenever I see this card it always reminds me to strengthen and respect my own!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is what this card reminds me of too. Giving comes natural to me and sometimes I overstep their boundaries by giving too much

      Delete
  3. Ah, this dance of sharing is a tricky one. Whether it be with your children, or anyone else, striking the balance between personal space and community is not easy. I wish you luck in finding a way to live together that nourishes you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry; although maybe difficult it will be so rewarding if we can find this balance and try to maintain it for a while :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds as though the boundaries are both physical and emotional, and that can be tricky, as you say. Defences do need to be defined in a household and when they are, harmony can reign :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margo, Yes I agree, it will be better for everyone if harmony reigns instead of Mom. :D

      Delete