Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Courage to dare to embrace the Ordinariness of Life

Osho Zen Tarot Eight of Rainbows, Ordinariness
For today I've drawn the eight of Rainbows  (Pentacles) "Ordinariness” from the Osho Zen tarot. We see a woman walking in nature, enjoying the blossoming trees and the flowers all around her. “Beauty can be found in the simple, ordinary things of life. We so easily take this beautiful world we live in for granted. Cleaning the house, tending the garden, cooking a meal--the most mundane tasks take on a sacred quality  when they are performed with your total involvement and love.” (guidebook) 
This is an attitude which can bring us so much joy but is so hard to maintain. So I pulled another card with the question: what do I need to enjoy an ordinary life? Imagine my surprise when I pulled "Courage" (Strength) from my deck!
This little tiny flower had the courage to meet the challenge of the rocks and stones and it has become the flower it was meant to be, basking in the sunlight. 
Our daily life with its chores and routines can easily be represented by the rock and stones This courageous Daisy is asking us this: Do we dare to meet the challenge of our daily life; "to dare to live life fully right where you are" and embrace each moment of it. Maybe it can be helpful if you can look at your life as a beautiful painting. Instead of looking at the whole picture in a glance, and judging it in second, look for the details, the brushstrokes and how the light is captured on your canvas.  See the beauty of the colors and notice how they deepen by your perceptive look. Enjoying life can be as simple as looking at it with wonderment.

Today I am  going to be grateful for the colors my day is going to be painted with. So I will brighten the palette of my life

7 comments:

  1. The "Ordinariness" card is one of my favorites; it reminds me how much I appreciate the uneventful days - especially after a crisis or emotional drama. It makes me remember a quote in the Bhagavad Gita that said "make everything an offering" - so those tasks I don't particularly want to do I can put on the altar of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "put on the altar of my heart." Thank you so much for this Bev, This is so beautifully said. I will jot it down in my journal to remember this and try to put it into practice
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this deck, its messages are so often uplifting and simple! Good luck finding the courage to be yourself and enjoy the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I haven 't use it for a long time and now i am enjoying it even more.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Ellen!! What a beautiful message! We can find a lot of beauty and happiness in the simple and daily things, although sometimes we are into the turmoil of this crazy world and we forget to stop and enjoy these "little" things that really are big things :) A kiss and Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Las Magas!! Yes it is so important to slow down, even though we are such busy creatures. Only then we can look at the beautiful details of our life. Jut now I can hear my dog licking her lips savoring the aftertaste of her supper and now she is snoring: how lovely this is :D

      Delete