Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Five of Swords - Chose you battles wisely

Druidcraft Tarot Five of Swords  Will Worthington
Today’s card is again a Swords card and to be honest I am a bit tired of it. Even my Major Arcana card  from yesterday, Justice, had a sword in it. Where are all the Cups, Pentacles and Wands in this deck???
Okay the Five of Swords for now is what we have work with.  The man in the front has won the battle; the guy in the back is the defeated one. When I draw this card  I always wonder: who am I today? Keep in mind this is a Swords card so this is about thoughts and ideas, about truth and conviction. A  battle with this in mind would be more like a debate and or hefty discussions; trying to hold on to your own ideas without showing any consideration with somebody else’s feelings. The winner doesn’t look that happy with his victory he is looking over his shoulder to the other guy. Maybe a bit remorseful?
Fighting to be right can be endless. Most of the time it is not so much about wanting to convince somebody of your point a view but more about wanting to be right. How much energy could be saved, how much more peaceful could sharing thoughts be, if we could  just appreciate each other’s  opinion.

“Be selective in your battles. Sometimes peace is better than being right”

12 comments:

  1. I admit I can be so hardheaded and stubborn about some things. So it is really easy for me to want to prove my point to someone with a differing opinion. But I must ask myself (hopefully before I open my mouth), "How important is this, really? Is it worth damaging a relationship over?" Almost always the answer would be a firm "no."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to ignore most of the remarks M made on my driving style while going together to a leather factory about 40 min form my place. We had such a lovely drive :D
      Other wise we would have been arguing all the time

      Delete
  2. Yes peace and happiness are sometimes more important than being right.
    I think of the adage, I forget who said it, "never complain never explain". People don't want to hear a lot of complaints and the more you explain yourself, you can explain yourself away, trying to justify your position.
    I know what you mean when you say, " Today’s card is again a Swords card and to be honest I am a bit tired of it." Lol the same happens to me with Wands! Maybe it has to do with our personalities. I am more of a Wand person, and you say you are more of a Swords person? Who knows?
    Regardless I enjoyed and appreciated your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. Yes I definitely have seen enough swords for now. I feel more wandsy. This season is so inspiring to do stuff and start new projects . For now I am totally fascinated by a notebook system called the "Midori travelers notebook" And I am going to try to make on myself (they are so expensive)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ellen! Totally agree with you! And please, don't watch "Gladiator", you have enough swords for this week :D Cafecito!!! and Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't! Lol!!
      Let's drink a cup to no more Swords!!!
      Many stars and Hugs to you

      Delete
  4. I hear you! I find these kinds of "debates" to be so exhausting, even simply to observe/witness. I took a break from Facebook for a while because there seems to be so much 5 of Swords energy running rampant there. It would be lovely if people could simply honor each other's truths! As humans I suppose we still have some work to do in that regard! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I don't do Facebook either To much arguing and a bottomless time consumer
      I suppose we do :D

      Delete
  5. I hear you ...

    Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree. It's taken me a long time to realise that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass this advise to S and my husband lol

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how many books there are on the market about how to communicate effectively and harmoniously, but as you say, we seldom take their advice. Glad you managed a nice drive with M, just keeping quiet about her comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry. Maybe because there are so many books we cannot agree on which is best :D
      I like Steve's advise though and it does work the best when you keep it quiet and for yourself alone
      hugs

      Delete