Saturday, January 3, 2015

Solitary Tarot Challenge: So far so good!

It is just the third day of the new year but I wanted to give you a quick update about The Solitary Tarot Challenge, which I am so excited about. 
creativity Solitary Tarot Challenge Owlmoon

Each morning I draw a tarot card from my Chrysalis tarot deck and immediately I start  jotting down the thoughts  and feelings this card is giving me. There is no right or wrong; everything goes . It is all about listening to your intuition. Although I blog about my cards I haven’t been journaling about them for myself and I must say this is such a comforting thing to do. It is just me and my journal and of course a mug filled with my morning coffee.
Chrysalis tarot Five of Stones aquarelThe first three cards have made me realize how long it has been since I've drawn or painted something and how I miss doing this. Facing my fears, I picked up my pencil and made a quick little sketch of the Five of Stones, one of my daily draws and added a touch of watercolor to it. Doing this was very relaxing and it made me so happy
So I thought I would share my enthusiasm for this challenge because it has brought me already a lot in just three days  

18 comments:

  1. Wow, that watercolor is LOVELY. You make a great point about journaling; while I share some of my inner thoughts on my blog, I don't share all of them. I think dusting off my journal might be a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev!
      I think it would be. Journaling can be a life saver. Maybe it can bring back some of your enthusiasm!
      Hugs to you my friend

      Delete
  2. It's so easy to get caught up in our blogs and online lives that we forget to create space to work privately with our cards. Thank you for this reminder, and for sharing the Solitary Tarot Challenge! It sounds like just what you need, Ellen :)
    Here's to an arty, creative 2015 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Beth and I can highly recommend it to participate in this challenge
      I love it to sit at my table and play with my cards, write, ponder a bit and drink my coffee. Just a me myself and I situation
      Have a wonderful exciting 2015 Beth
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Oh that's lovely, Ellen! I echo what you and the others have said, time pootling with the cards and letting your imagination flow peacefully is a great tonic :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo! And sipping from it every day does wonders! :)

      Delete
  4. Looking awesome. Wish my journey with this challenge was so creative. I've been doing more internal pathworking and a smidge of shadow-work. Not been the easiest of journeys and that has surprised me actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear you are doing this challenge too. I guess everybody is adding their own flavor to it. Pathworking is something I have no experience in. It even feels a bit daunting but I will try it.

      Delete
  5. Your watercolor is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The watercolor looks great. Good luck and enjoy the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful, Ellen! I love that you're reconnecting not just with the cards, but also with your art. As others have said, the watercolour is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry. Yes I am grateful that the loss of interest in both of my passions was only temporary. Only when you are in the middle of such case of the blues you think it will last forever :D

      Delete
  8. I will look into this tonight :) Lovely to see the bag on the table and that it houses this special deck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become my "working deck bag" I love to have it in my hands and this way I use it every day :)

      Delete
  9. I love seeing your art. This is such a gorgeous reflection of the 5 of Stones that you've created!

    ReplyDelete