Sunday, June 21, 2015

Maker Ten and The Dreamer – a Dream of Abundance and Stability

Today’s cards are a very appropriate for the Summer Solstice: the Maker Ten and the Dreamer of the Tarot of the Sidhe. And yes the deck is in honor of the Solstice too!


First let’s look at the Maker Ten. This is a card of prosperity, abundance and stability. An important man is about to be crowned as leader because of his accomplishments for the community. It is a happy occasion with food and drinks and many merry Fae who came to honor this man. 
The crown was forged by Maker King
And to him Fortune’s gifts we bring
For all will flourish in this land
Under our noble leader’s hand
(E. Carding)

But the second card makes me wonder if this happening is more about what the Fae people want than about the wishes of their leader. The blazing sunlight is illuminating the mind of The Dreamer. I get the impression the leader's mind is already focusing on his next project or idea. Something beneficial for his people no doubt and he will be glad that tomorrow he can go about business as usual.
All things are born in the land of Dream
In an insubstantial airy gleam
In the eternal Dreamer’s golden mind
As pure as one by Gods Divin’d”
(E. Carding)
It strikes me that this group resembles my family very much: a father, a mother and three children
The Fae man reminds me of my father, the provider of his family, a tower of strength for all of us. He was not so keen on celebrations with himself as the center of attention.  He was a gentle, modest and such an intelligent man. I miss him and not only today on Father’s day…

10 comments:

  1. The way you describe your father reminds me of my grandfather - quiet and kind yet strong. He and my uncles were my "father figures" as a young child. Happy Solstice my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to hear you've had such wonderful men while growing up too. Happy Solstice to you too Bev. I do hope your weather is better than ours because here it is cold and rainy the whole day long :(

      Delete
  2. My father was more of a dreamer than a maker, a deeply spiritual man, lover of God, of poetry, beauty, laughter and animals. A refined and gentle man.

    Solstice Blessings to you, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And too you Rose!
      Your father sounds like a very special person. Thank for remembering him here

      Delete
  3. Happy Solstice, Ellen :) Your father sounds like he was a wonderful man! I'll be seeing my own father in a few days, after I have not seen him in over 2 years! We've never been very close, but I'm looking forward to reconnecting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Solstice to you too Olivia and may the energy of the sun illuminate and revitalize your relationship[ with your dad :)

      Delete
  4. These cards are so beautifully vibrant Ellen! Great colours!

    A lovely piece about your father. I really like how the cards have brought that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve! Yes, that was a pleasant surprise for me too! :)

      Delete
  5. Belated solstice greetings, Ellen! That Dreamer is fabulous for the solstice: so sunny and bright. The enlightenment of new ideas and clear communication, the latter especially important when people get together to celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! He is definitely much more focused than my Dreamer Prince of today :D

      Delete