Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Knight of Wands - I can’t stop the Rain

The last few days have been quite busy and I suspect there are still a lot of those days ahead. Due to the changes in my household I felt too distracted and too tired to pull my daily cards. Somehow my daily routine has been tossed upside down and this has made me realize how much I depended on that routine to get things done and make room for me as well.
Raven's Prophecy Tarot Knight of Wands Seven of Wands

After a few days without tarot, I pulled the Knight of Wands from the Raven’s Prophecy. This is the same card from about a week ago. It seems I needed to hear and feel his creative energetic message again today. He reminds me to take charge and be strong for myself. I am a worthy cause to fight for as long as I take care not to hurt the ones I love.
When I asked how or when he would help me I pulled the Seven of wands. Usually we see a guy on a strategic spot defending himself against his enemies. But in this deck we see a hand shielding the little flames from the pelting rain. This is what needs to be protected at all times: “the fire inside that makes you uniquely you.”
You can’t fight the rain, you can’t make it go away but you can be there for yourself, take good care of yourself so the rain won’t dowse your inner fires.

For me personally this means to carve out time for myself during the day, since the early morning hours are not always for me alone anymore. I want to spend more time in my room to read and write, to play with my cards or just to find some peace and quiet. I am sure if I am willing to give me all of this, the sun will come out soon enough again.

12 comments:

  1. No, we can't stop the rain, but we can find an umbrella or a cozy place to shelter. Hope you can find that place, be it in your room or in your mind :) And if there is creativity involved, all the better! I find I am inspired again at the moment, though not with what I "ought" to be doing. Still, if I can dig out my watercolour pencils, even for a short while... I wish you time to nurture your inner flame today, Ellen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Or in you mind" Thank you for reminding me of the safe haven inside myself. I must remember to go there more often
      We often don't need much more then pencil or pen and paper to rekindle our creative fire!
      Enjoy playing with your watercolour pencils Chloe!
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Well, I certainly understand how you're feeling!! I think this depiction of the 7 of Wands is really nice. Protecting your fire. I hope you are able to make space for yourself amidst the new activity in your home, and that soon you find a new rhythm :-) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do my dear friend! Thank you for the encouragement and good wishes
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Hope you find a cozy nook to let your creative side out to play without disruption soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that 7 of Wands would look good with my post today. My head hurts from thinking about it.
    When I moved north for 3 years to care for my FIL I couldn't help but observe my MIL also. When she was allowed to do her morning routine she was wonderful to be around, it was critical to her being. When her girls were there it was hop hop, no time for reflection, journaling, savoring the morning. On those days she was..umm..well let's say impossible to be around. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I do hope my girls don't perceive me as impossible to be around yet :D
      I do acknowledge that the need for a routine increases by getting older
      Please take care of you overworked head
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. Us human beings and well all animals are creatures of routine, and habit. Carving out that time for yourself is so important and easy to forget or get distracted, next thing you know you're into something that derails you. I hope you make the time for yourself Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am putting this on the top of my priority list!!

      Delete
  6. Oh dear... yet another deck to add to my xmas list - it is just gorgeous!! And I LOVE your interpretations of the cards, Ellen <3
    Sending blessings on this Nurturing Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your blessings Claire. This deck is really something else. it took me some time to convince myself that I "needed" it but now I am so happy to work with it
      Hugs

      Delete