Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Joie de Vivre Tarot - A Recipe against Crankiness

joie de vivre tarot four of swords
Since a few days I am very quick tempered and snappish. Because M and I are now living with the two of us, she is often the victim of my irascibility. After having discussed this together and we realized  what was happening, she gave me the advice to “go find my Zen again”.
Yesterday I drew the first card on this subject, asking what I needed to get “my Zen” back  and I drew the four of Swords from the Joie de Vivre tarot. I thought I couldn’t go wrong with a gentle spring like deck like this. The four of Swords told me to calm down and relax, to put my to-do’s on the shelf and make some time to meditate. This was such an amazing experience that once more is has become a priority for me.
This morning after my meditation (two times in a little row) I asked what would help me to maintain my emotional balance and I drew... the Ten of Coins……. Lovely, couldn’t be better…. But I wanted more…. The Sun….. Oh my… should I try again or would I tempt the fates …..the Ten of Cups!!!!
Joie de Vivre Tarot Ten of Cups The Sun Ten of Coins
I don’t think it is necessary  to talk about the meaning of these three cards. It is obvious they radiate love and joy, abundance and gratitude. For me they represent heaven on earth.
With these cards in mind I am sure I will keep my Zen today.

P.S. I just noticed, while editing my pictures, the only suit that is missing today it the suit of Wands. Perhaps I am fiery enough as it is. 

10 comments:

  1. This is such a great deck for Spring! Light and fun. So amusing that the 4 of Swords was the first to appear. Very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to keep working with this deck for a longer period. it suits me just fine!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely reading! This is my favorite deck to use when I need a gentle voice, which is quite often! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siddaleah! I love working with this deck and I am so glad I picked it up again

      Delete
  3. You may not have a Wands card, but lots of fire energy in the Sun Card. Well balanced with all the elements present. What a happy reading; a little alone time in meditation can bring that balance. Now all there is do is enjoy the beautiful day with all its promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha You are right. Better be careful not to get burnt :)
      It has been a good day for which I am truly grateful and so is M

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you "got your Zen on"! It's amazing how much better the day looks when you start it with meditation. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is. Today is the third day I've experienced this :)

      Delete
  5. Giving thanks for the joy and abundance in your life, after also meditating, sounds like the perfect recipe for zen to me :) Hope your day is marvellous!
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! I hope the same for you my dear friend. Today was a bit chaotic but I am going to meditate no matter what :)

      Delete