Monday, July 18, 2016

Mother of Air – Who are you really?

Vision Quest Tarot Mother of Air
Today’s card is Mother of Air from the Vision Quest Tarot. Since I identify with the Queen of Swords so deeply, the interpretation of the artist of this card is very important for me. In this deck she is truly a feast for the eye. As a matter of fact it was this card which convinced me to buy the deck after all. In my post about Medicine Man I was pleasantly surprised by the substantial content of the guidebook, so of course I had to look for her little paragraph in there too:
This image depicts your strength to be who you truly are. Not who you are supposed to be, should have been, or what others would like you to make you become. Your self-confidence has been awakened and with it awakens the courage to drop your masks once and for all. This is the only way to return to your own inner center

I love her soft and caring  but also the determined and inquisitive look on her face. An eagle is flying high above in the sky, representing clarity and being able to see the bigger picture. Even the clouds seem to be influenced by her deep sense Self. As  a Mother, she is not only looking out for herself but also for her tribe (tipi’s in the background). This reminds me of how I need to find balance between taking care of myself and of my family. Maybe one day I will be able to let go of the distinction between these two forms of love and maybe after I’ve rediscovered my own inner center, I will realize that Love includes everyone all the time.

12 comments:

  1. If there's one thing that's true about the Queen of Swords, is that she is genuine. There are no masks or games with her; what you see is what you get. Pretty refreshing in this day and age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a perfect role model for me even though I already do recognize a lot of her in myself :)

      Delete
  2. Hmm, my card of the day was Raphael, which speaks of healing yourself before you can truly heal others. And maybe that is also continuing to heal yourself so that you can continue to heal others. We are incarnated in a body, with an individual soul, and so I'm not sure that distinction between self and others can ever truly disappear, nor should it. Moments of communion with the oneness of everything are just that, moments, until we rejoin the pool of life where there are no distinctions. Just my take on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it. I also believe that we are meant to be individuals with an open loving mind to others. It's just that self love and caring for my family often gets in eachother's way almost as if I don't have enough love to go around for eveyrbody. I hope one day caring for my family and self love will blend together seemlessly.

      Delete
  3. There are times we must face our own truths. This Queen of is clear thinking and can see her truths. With her graying hair and an unlined face she appears to be aging well with the changing seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She obviously doesn't cause for enless worrying (worry wrinkles) and I wonder what kind of moisturizer she uses :D

      Delete
    2. if you discover that magical moisturizer please, please share that information.

      Delete
    3. I will, maybe we can start a new beauty line :)

      Delete
  4. I love this interpretation, and what a beautiful card. I'm going to go learn more about the deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am sure you will enjoy working with this wonderful deck :)

      Delete
  5. The message from the guidebook fits so perfectly with what I have been focusing on recently with the meditation challenge. Part of becoming unstuck is to recognize when you are allowing routine or other people to prevent you from being your true self. I hope the clarity of the Mother of Air helps you on your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her message is a beautiful follow up on the post of Medicine Man, so This theme has been on my mind a lot too
      I hope you will get a lot out of this challenge. Meditation is hard for me to stick to :)

      Delete