Monday, December 5, 2016

Uruz and the King of Bows – Strength and flexibility

Wildwood Tarot King of Bows Uruz
My rune for this beautiful Winter day is Uruz (Aurochs). This is the rune of strength; both psychical and emotional and often also spiritual. It is the rune of courage, endurance and determination. This rune often comes up when you need a reminder that you are worth fighting for and that it is time to make a stand.
So what energy will help me to embrace the qualities of Uruz: the King of Bows - Adder from the Wildwood tarot. Together these two are  masculine energy squared.  The King of Bows aka the King of Wands is the personification of confidence, wisdom and strength. This is the third King in a short while to make his appearance into my life. Maybe it is time sit on the throne of my own life again.
Being in pain and/or just discomfort for two months in a row is not so beneficial for your mental well being.  I miss doing the things which make my heart sing. So yesterday I picked up a watercolor brush and  some paints and splashed some colors on a page. Did it hurt? Yes, a bit. Was is beautiful? Not particularly. But oh my god(dess) it made me so happy. I even hummed a bit. Sometimes when you are sitting on the fence of life for a long time, it is hard to get back in the saddle again. This process calls for the qualities of Uruz and especially the creative flexibility of the King of Bows. It might require taking some detours to achieve what makes me happy but I am positive I will get there. 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely runes your blog is sporting today! Your post made me think of the lyrics to a Nickelback song:

    Are you waiting on a lightening strike
    Are you waiting for the perfect night
    Are you waiting till the time is right?
    What are you waiting for?

    I think sometimes we do try to wait until everything is 'just right' - which means we probably won't ever get around to do it! Hope you find something you can do this week without too much pain that is enjoyable. :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Ng5muAAcg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this encouraging song. I am sure I will be able to come up with a few things. And if not there are always books to be devoured :)

      Delete
  2. your card/rune presentations are part and parcel of your artistic creative abilities. You create art in everything you do. Even lying on a sofa in pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for this you Sharyn! Maybe the Adder will teach me to look at creativity from different angles too.
      I wish my spine (especially the upper part) was as flexibel as his :)

      Delete
  3. Maybe those Kings are offering their strength and encourage you to do what makes your heart sing. That is where the healing magic happens. That is where transformation begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do inspire me to explore my possibilities. And yes, what sounds more beautiful and magical than a singing heart... :)

      Delete
    2. Not much. I can't carry a tune, but love to sing.

      Delete
  4. Definitely you will. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you managed to do something to make your heart sing. I know JJ often balances pain against pleasure in that way. So long as you don't overdo it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't, thanks you Chloe! I've learned to take each day as it comes :)

      Delete
  6. I love the image of you humming while you paint, and painting through the discomfort, and finding such joy in the process! That is a beautiful thing. The King of Bows/Uruz combination is so vital, such a good pairing. I wish you well as you continue to recuperate, both in body and spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind wishes Olivia. I haven't painted since but I do want too. Maybe a bit a humming in advance might sooth the nerves :)

      Delete