Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Rhiannon - Movement, Moving into Autumn

Goddess Tarot Rhiannon MovementToday’s card is "Rhiannon – Movement" from the Goddess Tarot. Rhiannon is a British horse goddess who rides on her white horse into the thick of the forest. An apt choice for this deck’s Chariot card. When you look closer, the swirling wind around her emphasizes speed and determination. She knows where she is going and how to get there and she has absolutely no fear to get lost in the woods.
It is almost the end of August and I feel a bit like this goddess, moving confidently into September, into Autumn.  How I have longed to reach this month, this season. I have survived the Summer and now I can start living again. Our pumpkins are almost ready to be picked, lot’s of bread needs to be baked, Chestnuts and acorns need to be gathered, Autumn decks have been missed and I have longed for so many more aspects of Autumn these last few months. 
Yes, let's gallop into fall and celebrate the arrival of this wonderful season!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely deck; like you, I am ready for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it! I am quite sure we're not the only ones. :)

      Delete
  3. I musst have screw loose...I'm doing spring cleaning. Fun though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just call it Autumn cleaning and all your screws are tightened again :)

      Delete
  4. Sharon mentioned Fall was in the air the other too. Not here. Hot and humid today, though Friday well get some cooler air with the approach of what is leftover from Hurricane Harvey. Enjoy your ride into Autumn, a most wonderful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlyn. It doesn't feel like Autumn here either. It is not that hot anymore but it is raining and the air is also very humid. I am looking forward to crisp Autumn mornings. :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this card, and your interpretation is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being a newbie I haven't planned my deck use by the seasons before but I'd like to. Really looking forward to seeing you work with your autumn decks here. :)

    p.s all those activities, baking bread, pumpkin picking, gathering chestnuts...your enthusiasm is contagious. Definitely sounds like autumn is the beginning of your year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always has been even since I was very young. I hope your Autumn will be filled with lots of magic and wonder too :)

      Delete
  7. Beauitiful! Just what I needed to read. Happy pumpkin-picking and bread-baking Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny, the way things open up and start again in the autumn. It's the start of a new school year, but also I see a lot of people making new choices. Perhaps more than in January, which in some ways feels like a more 'cerebral' turning point. May your Autumn be full of joys, dear Ellen! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chloe. Since I was little, september has been the start of the new year fo me too. After school I became a teacher, then a mom, so it has stayed that way for me for very long. I love everything about Autumn and I hope it will bring you many wonderful gifts too my dear dear friend. :)

      Delete