Saturday, September 9, 2017

Ehwaz and The Faun – Come dance with me

The Faeries' Oracle The Faun Runes  Ehwaz
While shuffling The Faeries’ Oracle for my daily draw, I suddenly felt the urge to pull a rune first. The rune I got was Ehwaz, the rune of movement, progress, and change.  I didn’t have the faintest idea what this rune would mean for me today, so I shuffled my deck again and drew: The Faun, an ethereal and translucent creature. Its keywords are "Natural wisdom" and "Natural magic". Still no clue. Then I read the guidebook and my eyes fell on the cursive phrase: “Come dance with me” and it all came together.
Since Autumn has begun I feel I pull towards a more magical inclined way of living but I don’t really know how to make that happen and so I, as good Queen of Swords befits, I hit the internet and my books and lost myself in other people’s findings and experiences, which have nothing to do with who  I am: I don’t need spells and potions etc, I just want to feel the magic moving around me, in me, through me etc and maybe I even want to direct it intentionally towards something I feel strongly about as a blessing of sorts. I think my understanding of magic has a lot to do with being mindful but perhaps spiced up with a bit more “woo woo”.  And that’s where the energy of this Faun comes into play: put away the books and go outside, commune with nature and with your own inner wisdom. Move, change, play, dance, be merry and open yourself up to the healing and nurturing energy of the trees, the wind, the sun and let your magic flow freely with the currents of life.

P.S So after writing all of this, I went out for a walk and I was amazed how magical it was. I even met a little frog (or toad?) who was sitting just there, where wanted to put my card for an IG picture! He was so perfectly camouflaged I had hardly noticed him but thanks to The Faun I did J









10 comments:

  1. I love your pictures that you took on your walk! I too can be in my head instead of in my feet. :) I heartily agree about going outside and finding what works for you instead of what's in a book. Reminds me of a quote by Loren Cruden:
    "There is a spirituality indigenous to every land. When you move in harmony with that spirit of place, you are practicing native (not Native) spirituality."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this quote my dear friend. You always seem have the right one for me. I am still feeling the afterlgow of my morning walk. It was such an exceptional experience for me

      Delete
  2. wonderful real magic, nature always trumps

    ReplyDelete
  3. What truly magical walk you had. Nature in all her wonder. Now that is a good way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a magical experience. I had so much fun; it brightened up my whole day! :)

      Delete
  4. this indeed looks like a day of merry natural magic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It were such simple pleasures but it was indeed a day to remember

      Delete
  5. Wonderful and magical! Lovely realization and encounter. May the magic be part of your everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Veronica. May it fill your life as well :)

      Delete