Monday, September 25, 2017

Seven of Cups - Fretting over first world problems

Druidcraft Tarot Seven of Cups Will Worthington blog blogger
Today’s card is the Seven of Cups from the Druidcraft Tarot. This card represents being held captive by too many options and the inability to choose one and to get on with our lives. The guy is dressed in vibrant red and is sitting on a rock covered with soft green moss. He is staring at a vision of six beautiful cups, completely unaware of the real cup standing next to him. For me, this symbolizes the conflict between his more primal desires and that, what he truly loves. Often we want it all although deep down we know what makes us really happy and these two are most of the time not exactly the same. As long we have this inner conflict, we can keep sulking and lingering in the hope we can have it all. Yes, sometimes we can still act like our inner two-year-old, screaming for candy in a mall. 
The issues this card addresses are often first world problems. They hardly ever have anything to do with food. shelter, clothing etc. So what does this card trigger for me today? Since we are rapidly approaching October there are popping up several Shadow work challenges on IG. One even more promising than the other. Now you all know I am great at starting challenges but sadly not so good at finishing them. But none the less, I am tempted to join several of them. And the next issue is which decks to use? One or a few for each challenge or just pick them intuitively? Mind you, sticking with one deck for more than a few days is also quite challenging for me. Should I combine Oracle cards with Tarot and if so, which Oracle decks are suited for shadow work? Which journal should I use: a new one or just my regular tarot journal? These are only a few examples of what is keeping my mind occupied and also keeping me from making an actual decision, preparing myself,  and looking forward to the experience of doing this kind of challenge together with a part of the IG Community.

So for today, I am going to make up my mind about all of this and I will challenge myself to stick to my decision in order to clear my head and enjoy these last few days of September, instead of fretting over October challenges… J

8 comments:

  1. "Spoiled for choice" as Americans say (and goodness are most of us spoiled compared to those truly in need). I think our minds are traveling on the same track today! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt almost too ashamed to write this post but I am glad I did because it has given me some clarity about the issue and most importantly it has put things in perspective again :)

      Delete
  2. So many choices, so little time. October is almost here, you have a few days to decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This afternoon I've made my decision. I am going to use the Original Rider Waite tarot and my Runes. So, now I can enjoy the Fall again :)

      Delete
  3. Oh this resonated with me. I think I may have a touch of tarot burn out. There are people on IG doing as many as ten monthly challenges at once and I haven't managed to keep to my one. It's too much input and I miss doing my blog. Maybe people have different levels of sensory stimulation that they can function with...I'm learning that for me less is more and It is ok to dip in and out of challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Dipping in and out of challenges" I am going to remember that! For me my blog is my baby, where I can relate to people on a more personal level. I also love taking pictures of my cards in different settings and IG is perfect of that. Once in while I will join a challenge but I don't think I've ever finished one. So mostly I post my daily draws to prevent a "Tarot burn out" :)

      Delete
  4. I've never used twitter or instagram but I'm always interested in what you share about the various group tarot stuff. I feel the pull because it is always fun to do things as a group. One more reason why I limit my connected time. I'm weak!

    And quit beating yourself up about your choices. To we onlookers you are perfect. Aware, loving, thoughtful, talented, and probably too good looking to be legal. Life is short and then you die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol and blush! you can always be counted on the put things in perspective my dear Sharyn.

      Delete