Saturday, September 2, 2017

Seven of Staves - Stop fighting and enjoy the sunshine

Today’s card is the Seven of Staves (Wands) from the Goddess Tarot. Look how this poor woman is struggling to fend off her opponents. For me this card sometimes represents my inner battles with all kinds of situations I think I am responsible for so I need to find a solution for them. But nothing is farther from the truth than this slightly presumptuous notion. Often difficult situations (mostly with family) mostly need time to be resolved and my tendency to “help” is rooted in a deep need for controlling and assuming my solution is the best option for everyone.

And today, looking at this card, I realize (again) it isn’t my responsibility to solve everything for everybody at all. Maybe I should turn around and enjoy the sunshine on this beautiful September day. A perfect day to ride my bike and look for Autumn colors in the trees. And while I will enjoy myself maybe some of those issues will resolve themselves a little bit on their own.

"Let go and let God/des"

10 comments:

  1. presumptuous. Great word, seldom admitted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharyn and thank you Google translate!

      Delete
  2. Good day to lay down you stick of defense and let the other sort through their problems. She looks irritated with the lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! She's perhaps even more irritated with herself and her own behavior

      Delete
  3. She does have a look of frustration on her face. I am sure I am responsible for much of my own suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a valuable message! I once had a coworker who observed that sometimes, if you don't "jump on" something right away and try to fix it, it resolves itself before too long. My tendency is to want to take action immediately and keep everything under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So recognizable! It is a cahllenge to tak a step back but it can also be mindblowing to experience issues can resolve without us. Perhaps we'd even live longer and certainly more relaxed :)

      Delete
  5. Enjoy the lack of heat lol. I'm loving seeing this deck pop up on your IG feed these past days. Hoping you got out to enjoy the day. Hugs to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely deck to work with for sure. I hope autumn will knock on your door very soon too Rose. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete