Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Son of Pentacles – Try to love what you have to do

Today’s card is the Son of Pentacles from The Wild Unknown Tarot.
He is the most responsible Son of the deck: Doing his duty and sticking to the job until it’s finished.  Yes this is the Son you can depend on under all circumstances. He will never let you down. But what about him? Is he enjoying himself? Is he feeling proud of his accomplishments? Does his eyes lit up when he hears the compliments others might give him?
When you look at this card I suppose not. He is feeling rather down and depleted by his constant effort to do a good job. His heart isn’t in it anymore, so he is running on empty. Perhaps if he would allow himself to lie down and rest for a while, his muddled mind would clear up and he might realize that if you don’t do what you love then try to love what you do. In every job there will be things you dislike but being able to find what you do like, can make all the difference

Today I have to do some household chores: cleaning the toilet, mopping the floor, doing groceries… I think you’ll know what I aiming at …J

6 comments:

  1. Is a good job done the reward, or do we look for outside acknowledgement? That is what I notice with myself. My peeps could go a month without the house being cleaned, but it makes me crazy, so I do it for myself. This is SUCH an interesting look at what is beneath this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev! Here it's somewhat similar. Since M and I are both repsonsible for cleaning our house it can be quite demoralising when she does way less than I do. So many other things are so much more important to her. In repsonse to that I tend to "forget"my tasks as well. But then our house reaches a point where we both acknowledge that this has to change and then we go for it for one hundred procent. And then... the story repeats itself (again) :)

      Delete
  2. well done, excellent job! I had a boss in the 80's who gave me lots of well dones. Just in the course of regular conversation. Something that became my own habit. We've had our puppy mill doxies for 11 years this October. Recently I've been hugging their necks and telling them what an amazing job they've been doing. Going on six weeks now of completely exceptional character and behavior. Good job Xing Xing, well done Xavier. We all like a little praise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharyn!! It's just like with kids Praise the positive behavior and they will repeat it; give attention to the negative and they will repeat it too. As long as they get attention

      Delete
  3. Appreciation of others and ourselves is so very important. We all need that 'Well Done' once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And perhaps more than once in while. I believe we should be more aware and proud of everything we accomplish each day

      Delete