Thursday, September 7, 2017

Temperance - From head to heart and back again

Today’s card is Temperance from the Tarot of the Hidden Realm. In this picture we see a young Fae woman pouring water from one cup into another and she is completely focused on her task. She is also very conscious of her body and her surroundings and her movements are as light and elegant as the dragonflies near her head.
It seems so easy when you look at this picture but the ease comes from lots of experience and practice. From being able to travel from her head to her heart and back again in a split second. Always checking in with herself has become totally natural for her. It allows her to blend her thoughts and feelings into a perfect mixture called living.
Finding this balance isn’t so hard for me but keeping it is much more challenging. I tend to forget consulting my heart when everything goes smoothly and I am in control. But when feelings come knocking unexpectedly, my structured life falls apart rather quickly and I have to pick up the pieces once again. I wonder why this happens over and over again. I mean, I am not daft, I get the message, but I don’t seem to be able to remember it when all is well again.

So for today I will travel this short distance regularly even though it might feel like a very long journey.

8 comments:

  1. When I am out of balance, I go back to the Rumer Godden quote:
    “There is an Indian proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms, a physical, a mental, an emtional, and a spiritual . Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time but unless we go into every room every day, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person.”
    In my case, it's not so much being complete as it is off kilter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this quote. I guess I am mainly living in my mental room. Off kilter: that's better than incomplete. I will wander through my house today and see if I can dust and air it a little bit. It might not be such a bad idea to really pick up a duster today as well :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! it was nessecary And while I was at it I also whiped of the kitchen counter and my stove :)

      Delete
  3. Ellen we're all fallible human beings that need to like Temperance (Iris) the goddess of the Rainbow, who embodies kindness and mercy. Justice (Athene) embodies fairness and objectivity. We can strive for that balanced heart, between both goddesses that stand as opposites and as compliments. Temperance and Justice need one another. Be kind and fair to yourself <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cath, I will keep it in mind. Being gentle with myself doesn't always come natural :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Ellen,
    I was at a training yesterday, and 6 out of 7 people said that, despite knowing this lesson, they still forgot. Three of them had done this course before, and then forgotten to apply its learnings. All this to say, this is so normal! And yet, the benefits of remembering to air out all your rooms are wonderful :)
    I think the emotional mediates between the physical and the mental, and the spiritual rises from all three, like a steeple... Lol, the visual architecture of my inner house :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to visit you there and drink a cuppa with you :)

      Delete