Monday, October 7, 2013

Picking our berries

October 7: The grapes, apples and pears are harvested. What can I look back to with satisfaction? What is my harvest of the last season?

Six of Pentacles Crystal Visions tarot
Crystal Visions Tarot
That will be the Six of pentacles from the Crystal Visions tarot. It’s a very appropriate card for this question. The girl is picking berries while the birds are helping her and in turn getting their share of the harvest. The total vibe of this card is gentle and every creature is kind of equal. Here is no needy dependency that you see in many other depictions of the six of pentacles. Six beautiful pentacles are hanging in the tree waiting to be picked. My harvest (not only of last season) is that I have raised two beautiful daughters who have become loving caring young women. The three of us are living together only for a short while, because the eldest is going to live with her boyfriend any time soon now. So I am very grateful that we still have some time together. Although I encourage her independency, I’ll miss her a lot. So now is the time we can still enjoy each other’s company. Looking after each other, help one another, listen and advise each other, talk and laugh together. Just get the most out of it in those last few months. The last sentence of this post is not my own. I found it somewhere on the internet but I don’t remember where…
Life is an endless exchange of resources, knowledge, nurture and skill. There is a time to talk and a time to listen, a time to lead and a time to follow, a time to care for others, and a time to be cared for.” 

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Ellen! I hope you all make the most of your time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice image of the birds and the woman sharing the berries (much preferred over handing out gold coins!).:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought when I saw this card. I am really fond of this deck. It keeps surprising me :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely that you get to spend that extra bit of time with your girls. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete