Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Island - Solitude - Beware of the clouds

Earth Magic Oracle cards
After the “Slow and Steady” card from yesterday this card from the Earth Magic Oracle looks like an appropriate follow up.
Since The hermit is my most favorite tarot card, you won’t be surprised that I like this card very much too. I need to have regular alone/ me time otherwise I get easily stressed out or just terribly cranky. This card is reminding me of the importance to take a time out and to meditate. My god(ddes) how long has it been since I've done that? Yesterday was a day of slowing down and enjoying on a sensual level. I’ll hope today I will be able to withdraw myself from the daily business and to nourish myself more spiritually. The island appears barren but look at the tree with the purple (spirituality) blossom bathing in the sunlight….
What does the guidebook say?
"The solitary tree on this island surrounded by the glassy sea can evoke different feelings depending on one’s perception and beliefs. The tree, which is in full blossom, stands out amid the relative starkness, and is illuminated by a beam of light emerging from the otherwise dark sky.
It’s an elegant reminder of how even in what might appear to be relatively barren circumstances, there is still beauty and growth. Although an island like this can be a metaphor for isolation and desolation, the thriving tree proves that even in the harshest of environments, there is Life. We can see the tree’s spiderlike roots spreading out along the rocks, seeking nourishment from the moist soil. The sense of peace and solitude depicted in this image provides nourishment for the soul
Lo Scarabeo Oracle
 As a grounding more practical advice I've pulled  three Lennies: woman + clouds+ clover = when I detach myself from my daily activities I have to be careful not to get too broody on my own and to stay aware of the little things in my life that make me happy. I like that as a warning not to stay in my head to long. It’s striking that both decks have given me a cloudy card. Perhaps meditating more regularly will give me more clear skies J


9 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Funny how we can forget the most important part of life, time for healing and rejuvenation. If I didn't have my sewing machine here (2 if truth be told) to work at while mom is napping through the day I'd go stark raving. We have to be able to shift gears. And remember to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you can recharge your batteries behind your sewing machine. Are you still making quilts?
      Yes, remembering to take time for ourselves is perhaps the most difficult :)

      Delete
  2. I often long for solitude, but then I think, "You'd probably do everything you wanted in a couple of hours and then be bored out of your skull." lol
    Your Lenny message was definitely one I needed to read today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'd say; be on you own as long as you like. and when you're getting bored just call in the troops again
      Yes Lennies can really hit the nail on the head :)

      Delete
  3. Good reminder for me as well. I think it is the Scorpio Sun energy combined with the Taurus Full Moon. Time to slow it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taurus, that is my birth sign! that explains a lot :D

      Delete
  4. Love your Lennie reading, it went very well as a counterpoint to the Solitude card :) Hope you managed some meditation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did and it felt so good. Me and my Lennies: It's an on and of relationship, but lately I have been practicing and I rather enjoy it :)

      Delete
    2. Smiles for both the meditating and the Lennies :))

      Delete