Thursday, December 12, 2013

There is enough love to go around

Wildwood Tarot
Sometimes when someone shares a problem or their pain, old wounds are scratched and too much pain is revealed. A lot of talking, holding and loving is needed to ease the emotions and the pain again. What stays is the love between me and my daughters. I am so grateful that we always can find our  way back to each other. 
When I asked the cards: what is needed to affirm the peace and quiet among us? The Wildwood Tarot gave me The Eight of Bows – Hearthfire. 
This is an appropriate card : it tells us about the love and the friendship which can endure hardship and struggles.  According to the book these people celebrate the fact they endure, strive and survive. The most important things to them is the warmth of this fire, the food and drinks, to share it with loved ones and to listen to and laugh with each other. We don’t have a hearth fire in our home. But I do have a large candle which I light every afternoon when the sun is setting. It is for me a symbol of life and warmth and love.  After such an emotional collision I am always so grateful for the love we share in this family. And the more we give, the more we receive J

10 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite people-centered cards of the Wildwood. I don't have a fireplace either, but years ago, I bought a chimnea to put in my meditation room. I have a bit of sand in the bottom with a group of candles sitting on top. So now I have a "hearth"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the card is almost radiating!
      I have a little chimnea on my living room altar in which I can light a large tealight So yes I do have a tiny little hearth too :)
      You can see it here if you like:
      http://greyladyshearth.blogspot.nl/2013/09/earth-protection-meditationritual-f.html

      Delete
    2. Oh that picture looks so warm and inviting! And I love the little chimnea too. :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you.It is small but cute:)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ellen!!! What a beautiful, deep, and valuable post! Lovely image! I think the best and the most important we have are our loving beings, and always together with love, as a unity, we can overcome everything!!! :) Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we can and the beauty of an emotional outburst is that the love and understanding afterwards are felt much stronger

      Delete
    2. Yes! Totally true!!!! Your post today moves me very deeply, :) Muchísimas (= a lot lot) Estrellas for you and your family!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks you Las Magas many stars to you too

      Delete
  3. That sense of a support network, a group with whom you can talk about anything, share the good and the bad, is so beautiful. I'm so glad to hear you have that with your daughters, and they with you! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry. it is very special to feel safe enough to talk about anything.
      Hugs for you too

      Delete