Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Listening with an open heart

For today I’ve drawn a card from the Enchanted Map Oracle: Listening. It depicts a wise old elephant who is listening to the song of the little Red Robin on his head. Before I pulled this card I’ve asked the question: “What energy or attitude can help me to be more loving and kind to others?” I suppose “Listening” is a wise answer to this question. My first reaction was astonishment because I had totally forgotten all about my word of the year which was: Listen! I had planned to be really aware what others would communicate to me; with or without words. And here I am in the beginning  of April standing with this card in my hand and wishing I had the memory of this elephant instead of my own sieve.
Let’s look at the message from this card:
“An open heart will hear the message.”
When this card appears, you’re being reminded that there is a time to speak and to be silent. Now is an occasion for listening. Pay attention not only to what is being spoken, but also to what is not being said at the moment, for the deeper message is not always obvious. Listen with your heart, not just your ears, and you’ll find clarity.
 So it is obvious to me I have to put up some sign to remind myself of my Word and to practice the art of true listening.  Because “just” by listening you can spread also love and kindness around you and when you listen carefully you will know more clearly where your love is needed.

8 comments:

  1. A nice message :) This card is strikingly beautiful, too! This seems like a nice oracle deck to work with, with important messages and beautiful imagery....happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this card is beautiful. But for some unknow reason I don't get along very well with this deck. I keep trying though:)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous card - elephants are some of my favorite animals. The cards can send such humorous reminders, can't they? :D I love the tiny bird on the elephant's head, almost as if saying that everyone, no matter how unimportant they may seem, deserves to be listened to with an open heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully said Sycamore. Yes sometimes the cards kick you in the but if you don't pay attention. ha ha :)

      Delete
  3. It is a beautiful deck I work with it a lot, I am drawn to the two robins, one on the elephants head and one on his tusks, as above so below x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is almost as if those two are having a conversation and the elephant is listening
      I am glad this deck is to your liking. PerhapsI have to work with it more to realy connect to it :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card (adore those greens) and a great message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those greens are gorgeous. Perphaps it has to do with the color of the heartchakra:)

      Delete