Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Waning moon in August: Five of Swords – fear for conflicts.

Goddess Tarot Five of Swords
For today I've drawn the Five of Swords from the Goddess tarot. Since we are now in the waning phase of the moon cycle, I've asked what I needed to release during this period. So let’s look at what I've got; The woman in the card is holding three of the five swords; one ready to use in action. The other two have been laid down crossed on a large rock as a symbol of truce. However she is still suspicious and is looking in the distance for possible approaching enemies 
This is a card of distrust and feeling uncomfortable and insecure. Often we anticipate quarrels and arguments and in doing so are fulfilling our own expectations. We send out hostile vibes of suspicion and when our expectations are fulfilled, we victoriously shout: I told you so!
This card is also about setting boundaries and protecting yourself by being vigilant and alert.
Somehow I get the feeling it is telling me to let go of my suspicion and fear of possible arguments and conflicts.  This might just be what is needed for a more peaceful environment. If I dare to let my guard down and expect good intentions from others; if I dare to be more trustful, this will be beneficial for our well being. We surely will feel more peaceful and loving towards one and other. I know I have to set boundaries but they are not supposed to shut everybody out. I have to find a balance between self-protection and reaching out.
So my affirmation for the coming time will be: Today I will protect my boundaries but I will keep the gate open and let people in.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Ellen! It's a delicate balancing act, needing to keep boundaries clear, but not cutting out all that is good so that you can still be open to others :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am inclined to put my wall up too high and to thick. Building castles is what comes naturally for me
      So lowering the bridge is the next step.....

      Delete
  2. For me, this card means "pick your battles carefully." Sometimes it's just not worth it to get in an argument with someone, particularly when it is just pure opinions being aired. This is one reason why I don't have a Facebook page - it is too incendiary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly it is just that; airing opinions and wanting me to take a side. So picking my battles carefully will be a good thing.
      I came across a saying a long time ago which said: "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came"

      Delete
  3. Great post Ellen,
    In a world where trust is always being devalued or undervalued in one way or another, it is easy to feel guarded. The fact is people hurt people, I've hurt people, especially those I love. And so every day I commit to give others reasons to trust me, and give others the benefit of the doubt with and open heart. I put my faith in the God of my understanding and this gives me the soft place to fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I put my faith in the God of my understanding and this gives me the soft place to fall" You are the second one who writes about putting your trust in God/ Spirit. It feels like a wake up call.
      Thanks and Hugs

      Delete
  4. I build my walls high and thick too! This is a timely reminder though, not to shut everyone out just because I'd to keep one or two people at a distance. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margo When we are used to do things a certain way it is not always easy to be aware of what we are doing. My castle did help me once but now it is time to let in some fresh air. :)

      Delete