Sunday, September 28, 2014

Queen of Swords – Sometimes she just knows

Druidcraft Tarot Queen of Swords  Will WorthingtonFor today I've drawn the Queen of Swords  from the Druidcraft Tarot. For me this is one of the most beautiful depictions of this queen that I have in my collection. Maybe the reason I can relate to her so easily is because she has gray hair . I love her dress too. Its purple color  radiates her inner wisdom and in the Prussian blue of her robe I see her intuitive side which she can rely on while making decisions for her people. She is situated on the top of a mountain with a clear view over her land but for now she has her eyes closed, looking inward, asking herself what is the right thing to do . How does she choose for the good of all?

Yesterday we went to look at a puppy. Before that we had discussed with each other what we would ask, what we had to pay attention to, how we could decide if the doggy could be fitting for us. So many questions, so many decisions and how would we be able to signal our feelings to each other and decide what was the right choice??? 
Al those questions weren't necessary because when we saw the puppy, we fell in love instantly and M took the rule as queen, swayed with her sword and it was hers. (M will be the primal caretaker of this little dog). Of course we did keep our wits and asked the questions anyway but what we learned was more than satisfactory. 

8 comments:

  1. Ah, but your inner queen knew to delegate this decision to M since she would be caretaker! I can't wait to see the new fur baby. :)
    After using this deck for years, I just noticed the tree rooted to the crag of rock in the background. Like the queen, it's seen its share of storms but has weathered each one and is still thriving. Reminds me a bit of you my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you to say. It is a beautiful compliment and so true although I am not always aware of it
      Yesterday it felt a bit like I was the Queen Mother :)

      Delete
  2. It looks as though you had the scenarios all sorted within - perhaps even a telepathic connection to the new puppy. This queen is a fine ally :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is good to be overly prepared although you don't really need to. It gave us and especially M that extra bit of confidence.:)

      Delete
  3. It's funny, I've never really focused on her having grey hair. Perhaps because I find her beautiful and wise, as opposed to some depictions which show the Queen of Swords as bitter or sharp. So, she is mature, experienced, yet still gentle - just like you, dear Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Kerry, that put a big smile on my face! Thank you so much my friend :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Ellen, this certainly is a beautiful depiction of the Queen of Swords. She's full of courage and inner strength of character in spite of difficulty and struggle. Her intelligence is second to none! Sounds like you to me! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Catherine Thank you my friend for your kind and thoughtful words. When I posted this card I couldn't imagine comments to be so flattering
      Hugs

      Delete