Friday, October 3, 2014

Page of Wands – Just play and have fun.

Original Rider Waite Tarot Page of Wands
Finally, no swords today! Today’s card is the Page of Wands from the Original Rider Waite tarot. He is the most playful, enthusiastic court card in the deck. He likes to experiment and start all kinds of different projects without the need to finish them. He sees life as a banquet where you can taste all kind of dishes to find out which one you like the most. He is creative, lively and  passionate in nature .
This card immediately reminded me of our puppy. How different our life will be when such a little rascal  is running around our house. Discovering everything, chewing on our things and doing other mischief. 
On the other hand I can see myself in this page too. Now summer is over I feel so much more lively and I have lots of ideas. One of them is a DIY project. I want to make a “Midori travelers notebook” knock off. This is nothing more than a leather flap  with a few elastics in the spine to hold some notebooks. They are very pricey (too pricey for me) so two day's ago I've visited a leather factory to buy some leather. Now I only have to decide on the size of the notebooks for this cover before I can start cutting my leather. This triggers my insecurity and I hope I can tap into the playfulness of this Page and just pick the best option for now and go for it….. 

12 comments:

  1. That Page has on his Adventurer's hat, and it sounds like so do you! I had never heard of a Midori travelers notebook, so I had to go Google it. :) With a puppy and a project, I think you and this Page are going to get along just fine. And I can't wait to hear how the notebook project turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well things are coming together. I've just decided on the size so if i receive the elastic today in the mail I will be able to make it this weekend. I've already made some inserts. Maybe I will post some pictures when I am done :)

      Delete
  2. what a cool project. I have 12 gallons of buttons, you can come and pick some cool ones if needed!
    I started a new project yesterday too, an incredibly complicated and intricate quilt. My brain and spirit are coming back alive. sort of. How nice to have a fellow traveler in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "My brain is coming alive" So true! When I wake up I think: Midori! and before a I go to sleep I fantasize how to embellish the notebooks I am going to make for my Midori. You can imagine what's on my mind during the day:D

      Delete
  3. Like sycamore, I looked it up too, what fun! If you do a search for KalamaQuilts and journal you'll find two of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look beautiful and what a lovey idea to name you journal. I'll keep that in mind when I finish mine

      Delete
  4. What a great project! I used to work with leather quite a lot but haven't done so in many years. I love the smell. The Page is a perfect card for this creative work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell, the feel, I just love it. The combination of notebooks and leather is match made in heaven in my opinion

      Delete
  5. Hi Ellen!!! Perfect! Beautiful project! So you'll make the leather cover for your agenda? Or cover and notebook both? I love leather agendas :) Here in Argentina leather and its products are expensive too, and ecological leather is lower price. Good luck my dear friend, by sure it will be a complete success and keep us updated with your work :)
    Cafecito y Muchas Estrellas for your weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola my friend! In my country it is also expensive that is why I am a bit nervous to ruin it :)
      I am going to finish it tomorrow and I will post some pictures if it turns out alright
      Have a great weekend!
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. I too had to look this up to see we type of journal this was. Sounds like a wonderful project. Look forward to seeing your results. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cher! I hope I will succeed in cutting the leather neatly
      I've already made some notebooks

      Delete