Friday, December 26, 2014

Eight of Cups - My Christmas talisman

Druidcraft Eight of Cups Will Worthington
It is the day after Christmas and I feel good. Christmas is for me, as it is probable for many of you a Holiday which can bring out a lot of mixed feelings and expectations. Because of that, I thought it would be wise to have some sort of an anchor or talisman to hold on too.  A kind of lifesaver so to speak. And  as a representation of this I choose the Eight of cups from the Druidcraft Tarot. In this card I see myself wearing a protective indigo cloak, holding a rod of perseverance and climbing up towards a breathing space. I am leaving my loved ones for a moment behind with their filled cups and enough to eat and I am off to my refuge. Most likely my little room upstairs, or even an unnecessary visit to the toilet. When a physical  retreat isn't an option there is always that safe place in my mind. A  little nook  with my comfy chair near a softly burning hearth where I can knit or just sit and be quiet, watching the flames and listening to the crackle of the fire. Breathing in, breathing out and I am there…. Just for a minute or two.....
Christmas went well, my husband was happy and we were happy for him. Later on in the evening we have watched  a  movie together and that was day one. This morning I went to visit my husband on my own which was new because he always visits us twice with Christmas. But this year we wanted to try to make a change which I thought would benefit us all. (And it did!)
And now I am blogging in a quiet peaceful room where everyone is doing their own thing and it is good and I love it J

12 comments:

  1. I've been taught that if you don't like the results of what you've been doing, then do something different. Make a change. But that requires courage - stepping out on a new path. I'm so happy that doing something different worked well for you, and I'm cheering for you across the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult for me to suggest the change but now I think we will do it this way again next year.
      I do hope your are enjoying your Christmas too
      Thank you for you ongoing support Bev
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Sharyn! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas/Yule too :)

      Delete
  3. Happy holidays, Ellen, to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Carol! iI good to hear from you. I do hope you are doing well
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Ellen, it's a change is a good thing even if at first we don't like it. Always a lesson to learn and it clarifies our perspective sooner or later.

    Good to hear you are feeling all is right with the world! Me too! Hugs and Yule Blessings to you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often the first step is the most difficult. It was good to hear today my husband was also happy with our new a christmas arrangements. A good reminder for next year
      Happy to hear you are feeling good also Catherine!
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. Many blessings to you Ellen - I'm so glad your Christmas celebrations worked for you all. Stay snug in your indigo cloak :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margo. Ha ha that is easy! this morning I got up at 11.30 AM Nothing to do today but rest today.
      I hope you've had a lovely Christmas too

      Delete
  6. I love your description of your comfy chair and place to knit inside your mind! Glad that Christmas is going well for you, dear Ellen, and that you listened to your intuition to change things.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe everybody should have a little refuge like that :D
      Yes both my husband and myself were so happy with this change we will do it again next year

      Delete