Sunday, January 4, 2015

Wolf Moon in January – Seven of Stones

Chrysalis Tarot Seven of Stones regret Holly SierraThe Full Moon in January is often  called the Wolf Moon. This name originates from America. During the winter  wolves would come very near  the villages of the Native Americans and howled. They were hungry because there was so much snow and finding food was extremely difficult. Therefore, the villagers called the full moon in January: The Wolf Moon.
Question for  a daily draw: What am I hungry for? And I pulled the Seven of Stones from the Chrysalis Tarot.
The keyword for this card is Regret. Well that is not what I am hungry for but I see this card as the very moment this girl has enough of her own wallowing in too many regrets. This is the moment she is considering to put her pan flute to her lips and blow a cheerful tune. Sometimes enough is enough and all you can do is accept the past because there is nothing you can do to change it. Try to embrace its lessons and continue to follow your path; step by step, day by day.
So I am hungry for following this river to wherever it may lead me; I am hungry for the flow of life without these stagnating blocks of guilt and regret. 

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, and I like your idea of using the Wolf Moon as a focus. I am reminded of the looking back and looking forward I tend to do at this time of year. There are always things I wish I could have done differently, but I can see those as lessons learned. But in the card, I do see a few red flowers blooming - I would say those are the things she did right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for interpreting the red flowers, That makes a lot of sens to me. Yes this is the time of year to look forward and backward just like Janus the two headed the Roman god of beginning and endings to whom January is named

      Delete
  2. Ellen, I love the Wolf Moon, but not the Cold Moon! But we can't have the Flower Moon without the Cold Moon (Wolf Moon). Yes there is lots of green life growing there, and seven a great spiritual number. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Metaphorically speaking yes, we cannot have the one without the other.
      But in real life I do enjoy the cold and the snow. I wish we has some more of it. Here it almost feels like the beginning of February :(
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful interpretation Ellen. I drew Death, which in the Collective Tarot is a picture of a snake shedding its skin, and got a bit of a similar message, time to shed the past, the guilt, the regret and the "if only" thoughts. The present is the only place where we have power. <3
    -Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!
      I like that we have had similar messages with such different cards.
      Yes the present is the time and place to be :)

      Delete
  4. It's interesting, I really don't see regret in that image. I see someone who has found their way home after a long journey, and who sings to the plants and stones, growing beauty around them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly I see it reflected in her facial expression and her protective and closed posture. But your interpretation is as valid as any other. That is what I like about reading cards :)

      Delete