Saturday, April 4, 2015

Defend to the End, the Worthwhile


Today’s card is "Defend to the End, the Worthwhile" from the Sacred Rebels Oracle.  The woman in the card is adorned with feathers and she has an owl shaped headdress. It is not quite clear if the owl is alive or just an ornament but for me the woman and the owl merge  together into one being. This is reinforced by the monochrome coloring of the card.
This woman is the archetype of the Sacred Warrior who lives within us all. She reminds me a lot of the figure in Nine of Wands. Although she is not bruised physically, she is hurt on the inside by grief and sadness caused by opposing injustice and oppression. The owl is symbolizing her wisdom to discern what is worth fighting for. He also is a relentless predator who strikes when necessary to survive and he teaches us to kill (cast aside) what is no longer serving our highest truth.
The question which needs to be answered is; What is worthwhile to defend? I  guess some values are not negotiable, like Love, Truth, Freedom etc. But there are always personal interests which we want to defend with all our might and strength, like our home, the safety of our loved ones and for this weekend my personal space and freedom when my family will be together to celebrate Easter.  It doesn't matter what you will defend as long as it has great value for you and doesn't conflict with the freedom of others.
For now this will be my last draw from this deck. I might pick it up again soon because I am going follow the series about the Sacred Feminine by Raecine on her Youtube channel Owlmoon 513 and I think among others, this will be a great deck to work with.

HAPPY EASTER!

10 comments:

  1. I think it is a sign of maturity to be able to discern what is worth defending and what isn't. I'm finally beginning to realize my opinions aren't though my principles are! Hope you and yours have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I was so much more rigid in my opinion and beliefs when I was younger (less mature :))
      And of course I wish the same for you and your family too!
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. What do we value most...what is worth defending? I think this question is so important and one that people should revisit multiple times throughout their life. There may be values that remain constant but there are also some that change over time. What was once worthwhile at a young age may no longer be so important later on. It is always interesting to look back and see the changes/growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't thought about that yet but it will be interesting to reflect on. The older I get the more I value my own personal space and time. When my girls where younger they were my main priority and it was easy forget my own needs.

      Delete
  3. Very cool card. Today I pulled an oracle card regarding Easter time and the Owl popped up, so it's very nice to see it again here in your Easter Eve draw :) I like the way you discuss the larger implications of truth, justice, and defense, but also bring it down into the day-to-day - there is so much value in having our personal time, and it can be very hard to carve out depending on the circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just visited you blog and saw your owl. Like many people I think it is a very inspiring animal with many admirable traits.
      I am enjoying my personal well deserved time right now. The Easter festivities are done, my husband has gone home and I am enjoying the peace and quiet of the evening. :)

      Delete
  4. Athene the warrior and guardian of high principles, upholding and preserving truth. The goddess of Justice and her bird the owl, reflecting her clarity of vision, because it can see and hunt it's prey in the dark. I think you are most Athenian in nature in your Easter post and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG how could I've missed this connection to Athena. Since my teens I am fascinated by her. It feels good to be compared with her. I always thought she was such a fierce and independent goddess. :)

      Delete
  5. Well now there ya go!!! Lol! Wonderful!!! <3 Lol

    ReplyDelete