Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Dreamer Eight and Maker Four – Grounding activities can free you from your web of thoughts

Today's Card is Dreamer Eight ( Eight of Swords) and Maker Four (Four of Pentacles) from the Tarot of the Sidhe by Emily Carding.


Carla from Rowan Tarot wrote this morning about how she felt when she would draw a card like this as her card of the day. Well clearly I can sympathize now. The Eight of Swords been my nemesis tarot card for a very long time and now it has found its way back into my life as Dreamer Eight - Web of Mirrors. This card is all about being trapped in your own limiting beliefs and being unable to see reality. This is often caused by fear of letting go the illusion of control. The figure in the card is a spider like Sidhe who has woven her own web of self sabotaging thoughts. Thread by thread, thought by thought, she has imprisoned herself more and more.
The only way out is for her to become aware that this entangling situation is of her own doing:
“Yeah, as long as we know we’re trapped, we still have a chance to escape  (S. Grant)
Then I asked what would be a helping attitude for me to face reality. And I got the Maker Four- The greedy Tree. This what not what I had expected at all but this is what I got, so there was bound to be a message for me in there somewhere: Besides being greedy this card is also about protecting what is precious to you. So today this card is all about protecting my self-worth, my time, my health and about feeling grounded by taking care of my physical me. Doing something is for me personally the best way to unravel those cobwebs in my mind

For when we weave a web of thoughts
Of “ifs” and  “shoulds” and “coulds” and “oughts”
And fears of what the others seem
We make a prison of our dream”
(E. Carding)

12 comments:

  1. It can be hard to remember that just because I have a thought or feel an emotion, it doesn't necessarily accurately reflect reality. So I could see the Maker Four as a reminder to be more grounded in what is evident and real. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I look at his belly maybe a it could also mean to enjoy a good strong cup of coffee and piece of milk chocolate with hazel nuts. But truthfully I think it is better to go to the kitchen and prepare some dinner. :D
      Lately I am trying to put more effort into my cooking. I used to love to cook and bake but somewhere on the way I seem to have lost interest. But cooking as well as enjoying a home cooked dinner are both grounding enough for me. :)

      Delete
  2. sometimes our efforts seem to become a cycle. I really wish I could stand outside myself for a self-job review. Probably the things I worry about aren't the problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Then I would hire myself in no time. Often worrying tends to distract us from what really matters

      Delete
  3. Self-care is underrated! Easy to say, but challenging to make a point to work it into the schedule! It's certainly easier to sort through the cobwebs after establishing secure footing. Coffee and a good book are pretty good for that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would become of us if it wasn't for coffee! :)
      "secure footing"when I look at his roots they seem secure enough for me. No Wind will blow down this tree :D

      Delete
  4. I love these cards. Very interesting images. I've found myself lost in the web of mirrors this week. My brain is driving me nuts. Definitely need some grounding. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling Cher! I hope you will have some time to center and realize your thoughts are not your reality.
      Take care my friend:)

      Delete
  5. Funny you say about the Eight of Swords being a nemesis card for you, as I strangely like it. Like your quote said, knowing we have created our own bindings is the first step to releasing them.
    And I think staying grounded is a great next step, loving and nurturing yourself even if you have been telling yourself you're not worthy. I'm reminded of the times you've talked about baking bread :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, baking bread: the cure of all ailments :)
      This card reminds me of a darker period in my life, when it kept coming up time after time and when everybody was telling to chose for myself and I just couldn't back then. Nowadays it has become so much less frightening. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear it's less frightening, now, Ellen! Just think how far you've come :)

      Delete
    3. I do Chloe And I am so grateful for that
      Hugs

      Delete