Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Resting in Her Embrace

Mother of pentacles Wild Unknown Tarot
With this card I want to let you all know, I am taking some time off from blogging and Instagram. Now my eldest girl and her boyfriend have moved out, after having lived with us for two and half month, I feel the need to take some time for myself to rest and reinvent myself. Feelings about this event are mixed up and there is an empty space waiting to be filled with more than distractions and escaping from the present moment.
I have so many ideas and so many plans and nothing is happening but watching TV series, playing games on my tablet and surfing on the internet. My three screens are making overtime. Posting pictures on IG and writing for my blog which I enjoy so much are starting to feel like to-do’s which I want to tick off, so I can feel good about it.
So for now, I just want to rest and do nothing besides reading some fiction, baking, walking, riding my bike, painting, writing in my journal etc. I’m not quite sure how long it will take. Trust, Letting go and Attention; these where my three words for this 2016. Maybe now it is the time to put them into action
Hugs Ellen

10 comments:

  1. Taking breaks from the distractions of technology always turn out wonderful for me, so I wish you much luck in rediscovering yourself. Enjoy your time away from the hustle and bustle of the internet. I'm sure it will do a lot of good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. The time to seize change is when change is already happening to us.
    Make it the change you want it to be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you have a supportive circle of friends to hold you. You will be missed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you for taking time apart to contemplate where you've been, where you are, and where you want to go. Distractions are such an energy drain and usually only impede our progress. Supportive, encouraging hugs to you, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all need to indulge ourselves in Sacred Time, enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technology is a blessing and a curse. Too many of us are so 'distracted' that it never enters the mind to take time out for solitude, reflection and inventory. And if it does it's mostly avoided.

    You certainly have my support in taking time out Ellen! Like Carolyn said indulge yourself in Sacred Time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be here when you get back. Have a lovely time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds lovely and much needed. Enjoy your time away and give yourself all of the space that you need <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're having a lovely time away. We all need to refresh and take time out. All the best! Steve

    ReplyDelete
  10. I trust that when you have let go of what needs releasing, your attention will go where it will best serve you :) Big hugs for this time of self-nurturing, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete