Friday, June 3, 2016

Two of Earth – Help, I need somebody Help!

Today’s card is the Two of Earth (Pentacles) from the Gaian Tarot. We see a mother holding two children in her arms, while deciding which vegetables she wants to buy. One of her children is crying and needs soothing and the other one doesn’t look that cheerful either, but for now he only needs a cuddle.
Life can be like this sometimes or maybe more often than not. These days we are all expected (by others but also by ourselves) to manage our chaotic circumstances and to multitask our way through the day. When I saw this card I immediately was reminded by my trips to the market with S, who was still a toddler then. It didn’t take me long to realize that if  my husband would look after her while I was doing the shopping, everything would go much more smoothly.
There is no shame in asking for help. Our loved ones don’t always notice when we need their help, so it is up to us to speak up and communicate our needs instead of grumbling and complaining while doing everything ourselves.
It seems this mother manages quite well, but I am sure she would like to come home where her both kids were playing in the garden and coffee  was brewing...

8 comments:

  1. I remember when my daughter was a toddler and sitting in a grocery cart while I waited to pick up a prescription. The pharmacy was located next to the makeup aisle, and as I talked to the pharmacist I heard some giggling of passing shoppers. I turned around to see that my daughter had commandeered a tube of red lipstick and applied it all over her face. Sometimes (especially when there is no immediate help available) you've just got to keep your sense of humor! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! My sense of humor has developed a great deal in those years :)
      That's the fun part of this card: you don't see the mother's face!

      Delete
  2. I once knocked over and broke a gumball machine in a bank when I was about five. I'll hear that crash forever. Poor mom....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I can clearly imagine what it must have been like for you mom. But hey no shame on you! :D (post by Carolyn)

      Delete
  3. How nice to read the above two comments. Good memories. Maybe that is what this card is hinting at; what once seemed like a disaster now in reflection makes us laugh. Maybe a good laugh at ourselves is what we all could use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world would be a better place if we would laugh more and see things in a more clear perspective

      Delete
    2. These posts and the sharing brings a smile to my heart. And that is a really good thing. Thank you!

      Delete
    3. That is so good to hear my friend and your're welcome!
      Hugs

      Delete