Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Page of Bows – Stoat: Jump!

Wilwood Tarot Page of Bows Stoat
Today’s card is the Page of Bows –Stoat from the Wildwood tarot. A perfect card to lift up my spirit after yesterday’s post. This card is the equivalent of the Page of Wands from the RWS deck. Its youthful playful energy includes a.o: creativity, willfulness, impulsiveness and curiosity and since this animal is a predator, I would like to add fierceness as well.
Look at him standing on his rock, one paw lifted, ears pricked up, and the point of his tail is slightly curved. His whole demeanor radiates excitement before action. Maybe that's what this Page is all about for today:  To find something which excites me, makes me curious and then jump in fearlessly. Just do it and make the best of it. I can’t imagine a stoat refusing to jump of his rock because he is afraid to hurt his paw. He just jumps because he know he has to and he deals with the consequences in the next moment. No, I don’t suggest we should live recklessly but a little less planning and thinking ahead might result in a lot more fun and enjoyment. The fear of making mistakes is more than often depriving us of joyful living

So for today I say to myself: let’s jump of that rock and finish my latest art journal page. Whether or not I am content with the final result, I am sure I will enjoy myself a lot while playing with my art supplies! 

12 comments:

  1. Have fun with your art! "Excitement before action" I like that. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stoats (like weasels) are fierce hunters and have no fear going down tunnels after their prey. Sounds like you should put on your hunting cap today, and gather your 'weapons' of choice - art supplies! :)
    I love the way this deck uses animals for the Pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are on the table right next to me. Some of the ink has to dry before i can continue.
      At first the court cards of this deck intimidated me but gradually they are growing on me. :)

      Delete
  3. That depiction of the Page of Wands brought a quick smile and my smile lifted something inside; smiles can do that. We didn't have much of a winter here this year and the daffodils are already blooming, maybe a will jump up from my desk and go gather a few. Enjoy your day and maybe play some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad he has inspired you too. I just read on IG that often our day will go the same way the corners mouth turn :)

      Delete
  4. Just do it and make the best of it
    sometimes that is our only choice. Jumping can be a relief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jumping like the fool from his cliff, trusting everything will be alright somehow, someday, somewhere... :)

      Delete
  5. This deck really appeals to me, because of the animals. We certainly can learn so much from animals.

    Spontaneity allows us to test our limits and builds confidence, trusting in our own abilities. I've learned some of the most important lessons from jumping in and really grown as a person. It makes me think there is no 'wrong or right decision' as long as I learn and grow. I don't want to be a bystander sitting on the sidelines watching the world go by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust is my word for this year. So far it has been a challenge :)
      no 'wrong or right decision' as long as I learn and grow: So true
      Jumping will often teach us how to fly!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful card. The joy of creating and doing is sometimes so much better than the end result! Just came across your blog and I love it so much. Thank you for the daily inspiration!
    cosmicpositivity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete