Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Year ahead spread July – Seven of Swords and Nauthiz

It has been a while since I’ve blogged about my rune and card for the month ahead but I wanted to pick it up again. Why now you might think; well perhaps because it is quite a challenging pair. The rune Nauthiz talks about need and necessity,  about being faced with obstacles and finding the courage to move forward despite the fear it might cause you. It is also a rune of shadow work, of receiving the opportunity to dive deeper into the uncharted territory of who we are.
When we combine this with the Seven of Swords from the Wild Unknown Tarot, it speaks about how this journey is a lonely one. Shadow work is an undertaking which we have to do all by ourselves and with ourselves. The fox (or “The lone wolf” as I often call this card) is protecting, hiding one of the seven swords. The other six are hanging over him. It is not that he only values this own sword but he is reluctant to share it with others. His findings are too fresh, too vulnerable. Sometimes we have to take the time to process what we have experienced, learned before we put it out in the world.

Perhaps this month I will be doing a lot of journaling,  meditating and walking to get a more clear perspective about what it is my soul wants to share with me. Perfect for the hotter days to come.

7 comments:

  1. Your draws reminded me of a recent encounter I had. I told a young man who was hesitant to share his career ideas that playing things close to the vest is not a bad thing, particularly in the beginning. He could take to the time to explore and investigate his options rather than having to worry about those who are naysayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This day and age we are so keen of sharing everything personal. I mean even giving birth has become entertainment. I have come to understand that keeping thigns to ourselves for a while is not a bad thing at all

      Delete
    2. Giving birth as social entertainment... boggles my mind!

      Delete
  2. That fox had his eye on the prize and now holds it under his dominion. We are our own champions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for that ; We all should strive to be the hero of our own story!

      Delete
  3. Nauthiz was a my rune of the month last month. I totally experienced the need for shadow work and worked through it also. For me runes really describe the ongoing energies. Thank you for posting Ellen, it is always a pleasure to read your blogposts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being here Anniina. Yes, Runes are a bit like the majors of the Tarot, they have so many layers and such a depth of meaning. This is for me the first time I have connected Nauthiz with Shadow work so it is wonderful to hear you have had the same experience with it

      Delete