Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Six of Pentacles - Receiving isn't easy

Six of Pentacles Druidcraft Tarot Will Worthington blog Blogger
Today's card is the Six of Pentacles from the Druidcraft Tarot. This is a card of giving and or receiving benefits. It also speaks about a fair balance between the two. Finding that balance can be a hard thing to do. Especially when you're on the giving side of the equation. Givers don't like to admit they need help or other resources just like anyone else. They almost need to be coaxed into receiving the gifts we want to give them. A lot of these givers have probably been spoonfed with the words that "it's better to give than to receive. ”
I know, because I am one of them. It's hard for me to express my needs to others and ask for help but I am getting better at it. In order to do that I have to open up and be prepared to be vulnerable. I think it's about time I start practicing this more seriously....
So for today I will try be mindful to graciously accept a helping hand, a compliment, some loving attention and even more, to ask for this if needed.

9 comments:

  1. this ties in with my comment on Carolyn's blog today. A lot of what I've given was unasked for, they didn't need or want it :) Sometimes we do learn things as we go along. If we are open to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I try now... To be open to dare to be vulnerable and to make mistakes. Perhaps being willing to receive also means letting go of control

      Delete
  2. One of my great lessons is to learn to be gracious when others gave to me. It took a tornado to teach me the lesson. I always gave, thus always, not because it is better to give than receive, but the fear of what others would want from me if I accepted their gift, of time, money, support, you name it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to the last part of you comment so well. I find it so hard to feel obligated to others. Or if others try to play the guilt game on you: I did this for you so....you should...

      Delete
  3. I certainly relate to your post today Ellen. I was this way for so many years not wanting to ask for help. I think I learned some of this from my mother who was very independent and had to rely on her self. I was the same. I can still cut my nose off to spite my face in not wanting to ask for help. Until up up against it and in some kind of dire straights. It's partly false pride and partly thinking people will simply say no. Sometimes I've been overwhelmed with the kindness and generosity of others. But I've also learned many who are this way, have also struggled with asking for help, but others have been kind and generous to them as well, and so they are paying it forward, as they say. I try to do the same now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our upbringing has certainly a great influence on how we behave in this matter. Luckily over time we have developed the capacity to overcome some of the imbalance we experienced in our childhood. But it's not easy

      Delete
  4. I can totally see where you are coming from with this. I'm extremely independent, but I wouldn't mind some help every now and then. I'm not sure, but I think I might be a little passive aggressive sometimes. If I'm struggling and someone is close enough I feel they should be able to know this, I won't ask, but I do expect some help, but most of the time I don't get it. Not sure if that makes sense the way I said it. lol. I end up just doing it all myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can so relate to this. I often wonder if I am able to sense someone's needs why can't they make the same effort for me. Am I not important enough? then I probable put on a face which says; don't ask me asnything ☺

      Delete